Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought this truck without a transmission. Got a new one, rebuilt the motor and I'm bolting everything up but the cross member isn't lining up with the frame rail holes... Am I missing something? It's like 4 in off. This is all stock and the same configuration thst came out of the truck so confused where my issue is

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bolt spacing is the same on the ends and transmission mount is centered. Only thing I can think of is maybe there was a longer nv4500 mainshaft and tail housing?

Bellhousing can't be the issue because the shifter lines up with with hole in the cab

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
On my truck (gas 6.0/4l80e/np261), the transmission mount is bolted to the transfer case adapter. Maybe check if it could instead bolt to your adapter?

·
Registered
13 Posts
New venture was also used in dodges...a dodge tail shaft is shorter with fewer splines than a Chevrolet new venture if I remember correctly...or the other way around...🤔 my rememory is smoked..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New venture was also used in dodges...a dodge tail shaft is shorter with fewer splines than a Chevrolet new venture if I remember correctly...or the other way around...🤔 my rememory is smoked..
I guess that's a possibility I bought this tail housing used and said gm 4x4 but I will check that out again tomorrow to confirm. I'm wondering if the cross member that was in this truck came from another truck. Can't seem to find any pictures online of what it should look like

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A guy on a Facebook group said thst the trucks have an extra bracket that extends off the transmission crossmember to attach to the the tailhousing. Have not been able to get a picture of the stock setup of a nv4500 in a Chevy yet

·
Registered
998 Posts
Correct, there is a secondary bracket off the crossmember that the trans mount bolts to. If it's not completely wet and gross when I get home I can get a pic of mine. If not, here are a pair of pics I found on the interwebs.

Attachments

·
Registered
998 Posts
It was damn near an act of congress to find it in the parts catalog, but your missing bracket is: 15021582

1 - 13 of 13 Posts