41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
No, not saying that I just fingered that I'd just continue with what we're talking about, I use this site to the full extent, this is by far the greatest collection of 6.5/6.2 knowledge on the web, that's why I love it between Freddyack and Greenmachine I've learned just about everything I know about this truck since I got it, much appreciation for the knowledge and I hope I get to be as knowledgable.

Reactions: Tr00b

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
No, not saying that I just fingered that I'd just continue with what we're talking about, I use this site to the full extent, this is by far the greatest collection of 6.5/6.2 knowledge on the web, that's why I love it between Freddyack and Greenmachine I've learned just about everything I know about this truck since I got it, much appreciation for the knowledge and I hope I get to be as knowledgable.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
So not at all, I'm desperate for knowledge cuz I love this truck, I'm just new to the diesel scene, rebuilt my first 350 at 14 years old, graduated to diesel at 17 only had my truck for three months haha but I'm pretty savvy, it's just I'm used to carbs and throttle bodies, not IP's injectors and computers, there's so much electronically that could screw up the fuel delivery on these motors, so Trying to diagnose something on my truck that to me sounds and feels like a loaded up carb haha but I **** just turn a screw to finger it out, so it'd be super cool if it's just a PMD but the symptoms don't match, but that'd be so cool.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Once you get your new pmd on, be sure and let us know what happens. A lot of people get there truck fixed, and then never respond back. As far as being sure that the pmd is 100% the problem, I don't think any of us can say that is the case.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I will do, I float on this site constantly so I'll be sure to update my thread on this subject, praying that the PMD is the issue and not something scary like the IP

Reactions: dieselmike1

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Update: when the truckk won't go over 500 rpms. I hear a belt squeal, sure as S*** belts slipping, tach is ran by alternator on this truck, so would that account for power Loss and weird stuff going on with my turbo? As if the PCM used rpm pulses from the alt to dictate boost pressure..?

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Remove the serp belt and check all the belt drive accessories. Could be the vacuum pump. Mine seized on the way home right after I bought my Burb.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Update: when the truckk won't go over 500 rpms. I hear a belt squeal, sure as S*** belts slipping, tach is ran by alternator on this truck, so would that account for power Loss and weird stuff going on with my turbo? As if the PCM used rpm pulses from the alt to dictate boost pressure..?
No, the pcm gets it's rpm reading's from the crank sensor.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Fixed it!!! Turns out something weird was happening when the belt was slipping that was killing my power/tach etc new belt fixed it right up, except now my belt falls off the crank pulley on startup, ordered a new tensioner, hopefully that fixes it.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Fixed it!!! Turns out something weird was happening when the belt was slipping that was killing my power/tach etc new belt fixed it right up, except now my belt falls off the crank pulley on startup, ordered a new tensioner, hopefully that fixes it.
If that truly fixed it, that's great! I cant figure out what that would have to do with the problems you described.:confuzeld Keep us posted if you have any more problems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Delco5061010 from autozone, it fell off and then I put it back on and had my buddie start it, it stays on if ur just turning It over with the starter but as soon as it fires, it falls off the crank pulley towards the engine really odd.

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
I hate to ask such a basic question :hole:, but is the belt installed/routed correctly?

1997 Serpentine Belt Diagram.jpeg.jpg

Are all the pulleys aligned? You can check this with a straight edge.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Unfortunitely yes, m installing the belt tensioner today hopefully that resolves it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Haha the new belt stretched instantly but it hasn't fallen off so it's good enough for me ����������

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,825 Posts
Belt quality is not what it used to be.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts