Diesel Place banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
Thanks for the info OkDually. I've dowloaded the pdf manual.
Got some pieces bolted on. Shouldn't be to long and it'll be in the truck. It's been super hot/humid so I've just been messing with this thing late at night.
Question, could this piece be tig welded back on? I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get the parking brake spring back on last year when the tranny was rebuilt and ended up breaking the tab off馃槨. It's cast aluminum so i doubt it. I cant find another housing dor the life of me.

if you can't weld that tab on, you could fab up a steel bracket for the spring to go against/on, that either bolts to the housing using the existing bolts a couple inches away (probably need slightly long bolts) or via a new hole in the housing just below where the tab broke off...

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
I would recommend to anyone putting a new ds4 pump on to apply dielectric grease to your electrical connections. that seemed to cure my truck. Fires right up and sounds healthy now. Im interested in getting a tune for this thing. Who would yall reccomend?
Things left
gauges
wastegate braket
tdc relearn
set timing
have parking brake spring tab welded back onto tail shaft housing.

Administrator
I would recommend to anyone putting a new ds4 pump on to apply dielectric grease to your electrical connections. that seemed to cure my truck. Fires right up and sounds healthy now. Im interested in getting a tune for this thing. Who would yall reccomend?
Things left
gauges
wastegate braket
tdc relearn
set timing
have parking brake spring tab welded back onto tail shaft housing.
I would recommend our Supporting Vendor: Kennedy Diesel
https://www.kennedydiesel.com/categoryresults3.cfm?Category=1&SubCategory=191&SubCategory2=164

Give John a call and discuss your tune options with him..

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Going to have to cut and add another piece of silicone to the plenum as you can see... Not much wiggle room for any kind of wastegate actuator. I really want to keep my s and b intake so its gonna be super tight.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Idk if this has the sought after larger housing or not. I understand there are 2 different sizes.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
piddled with the truck this afternoon. I have to get another turbo oil supply line made. Leaks from the fitting on engine when warm. Even with petrol grade thread tape.
Also leaking fuel in the valley so im fairly certain i have a line loose. I looked at the return line connections but they looked dry. i was hoping to drive the damn thing this evening but back to the parts store and back off with the intake again.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts