Diesel Place banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been search online and am having a hard time finding a suspension lift for my 1997 C2500, anyone have any clues where to look I’ve searched
Pro Comp
BDS
Zone
Ready Lift
MaxTrac
Rancho
Superlift
Skyjacker
and no one has one for a 2wd.

Reactions: andrew-b28031

·
Administrator
20,260 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
(y)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Rough country makes a 3 inch body lift

·
Registered
33 Posts
Also welcome to dp

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 3 inch body lift on it, I’m trying to find a suspension lift so I can clear my 33’s and eventually switch to 37’s.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maybe check with husky spring or general spring of Kansas city

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe check with husky spring or general spring of Kansas city
Good for if I have to just go with a spring lift, it’ll give me the clearance for my 33’s, thank you for the feedback

Reactions: Sbgarage

·
Registered
1994 K2500 Suburban 6.5 turbo.
74 Posts
4 wheel parts shows them online 1.5 to 4 inch kits.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
The rear is easy. Best way to lift is with springs. But you can also use blocks. They would work ok for the street. Should get new shocks designed for the longer travel
Front is a little harder. Longer coils may be hard to find. You can get spring spacers that can lift up to 3". IMO Best to use aluminum rather than rubber or poly. It may be hard to keep aligned if you go too high on the front.
Depending on how high you go you may need shock extenders on the front to keep a good ride and keep from damaging the shock.
After doing a lift it is always best to install new shocks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The rear is easy. Best way to lift is with springs. But you can also use blocks. They would work ok for the street. Should get new shocks designed for the longer travel
Front is a little harder. Longer coils may be hard to find. You can get spring spacers that can lift up to 3". IMO Best to use aluminum rather than rubber or poly. It may be hard to keep aligned if you go too high on the front.
Depending on how high you go you may need shock extenders on the front to keep a good ride and keep from damaging the shock.
After doing a lift it is always best to install new shocks.
I'm doing spindle, blocks and new shocks for it rn. I'm also looking to do coil springs and leafs to make it a more stiffened ride once I'm done with building it and get another project(looking at a k1500 4x4) I'm giving this one to my old man to tow around his rvs and work trailers.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
(y)Oh you are doing spindles. Was going to mention them but they are pretty pricey. With the spindles and suspension lift it looks like you are doing it right, and the best way. Easier to align and keep tire wear down with taller, wider tires.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Didn't see the 2wd never mind on the last post... why do you want to lift a 2WD??????
I do a lot of work that takes me through roads that have been torn up from flooding, I have to go through some trails that I have bottomed out on with the truck so I decided to lift this one because it’s my daily/work truck and once it finally hits 300k miles (170k rn) I’ll rebuild the motor and it’ll be put aside for my nieces first truck. Plus it’s a 6.5 why not give this beautiful engine a truck that’s a little lifted

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
(y)Oh you are doing spindles. Was going to mention them but they are pretty pricey. With the spindles and suspension lift it looks like you are doing it right, and the best way. Easier to align and keep tire wear down with taller, wider tires.
I mean they weren’t all that pricey, with the spindles/blocks and shocks (which I didn’t use because I’m getting N3’s from rough country) it only ran me $600

1 - 16 of 16 Posts