·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reactions: Tr00b

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i think i could transplant the powertrain from my ranger into one of those in less then 60 hours....depending on the turn around time my drive shaft shop could come up with. looking at the various builds they lend themselves well to powertrain swaps dimension-ally. of course it would be in the same hill-jack fashion my truck is in today...goes with being a crazy hillbilly i guess.

but that would be with no ac. eventually...it would have to have ac.

its a rover for petes sake....ac is mandatory.:HiHi:

my daughter adores these critters, so its on my radar.

i am stuck between a dmax/6.5 style.....or a ford ecoboost.

depends on what i get a donor for.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey Bobby, finally some one decided that i needed a post on this thread. but honestly thanks for posting I believe your help will be invaluable.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i dont know....not much to help with.

they tend to be simple critters....these 6.2's, its the one huge plus they have. if respected and left to their designed power levels they are quite reliable. can not see ya needing too much help.

but this rover platform is worthy in my eyes. if you stay reasonable and close to the norms of the rover, it will be one awesome ride when your done.

i can see me putting a ecoboost in one over the next few years for my airman....just depends on how work goes.

of course a mechanical d max that is alternative fuel capable with a 6 speed manual would be my first choice...

lets just see how the cummins v8 5.0 and 4 cyl in the nissan turn out before i get to carried away with any plans...

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
bottom looks like the gasser 6.2

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes it is, we now have the motor and we will start the tear down pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Start a build thread so we can see your progress, anything a can help you with I will.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts