Diesel Place banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Mechanic found 8" of burned wires inside the o2 sensor harness jacket. The jacket looked unharmed... and that stopped the fuse blowing.

There is a super lean bank on the engine which is causing continued o2 codes and very poor performance. So I don't have a o2 sensor wrench he's going to replace those as needed to try to get drive ability up enough to get the truck usable/ efficient again.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,125 Posts
I ran into the eng-1 fuse blowing constantly on a 95 K1500 whenever the ignition was turned on.Also turned out to be a shorted O2 sensor.I replaced that sensor for a guy that owned the truck and now no more fuses have blown.That was several months ago.

Reactions: Tr00b

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I ran into the eng-1 fuse blowing constantly on a 95 K1500 whenever the ignition was turned on.Also turned out to be a shorted O2 sensor.I replaced that sensor for a guy that owned the truck and now no more fuses have blown.That was several months ago.
If it would have blown "instantly" that would have been an easy fix. Mine was temperature dependent so it was diagnostically a fools gambit what was going bad where.

Reactions: dieselolds

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Truck was running awesome. Bought a new hitch for it and decided to put it to work to help a friend.

Towed 12k of skid steer and trailer and hauled 30 loads of dirt. I wasn't nice and sweet to it, we were trying to get done before dark

Developed a knock, seems like the motor has taken damage. Limited RPMS to 2500 and finished out the day and got the truck home. Skidsteer and trailer have to be brought back by the friend.

Had a fresh oil change, never got over temp, still have 40psi oil pressure running down the road.

Don't understand how a little Italian tune up would cause a motor to come apart like, but here we are, broken again.

• Wow

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Appears that the harmonic balancer is in bad shape and needs replaced.

Very likely the cause of the noise. Bonus points I need to take it off anyway to solve nasty oil leak at the front of the engine.

And thus begins the "while you're in there's" rabbit hole.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts