Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Guys I guess I didn't have enough yet with these 6.5 Diesel.Well anyways I bought this truck for 5,000.00 dollars it only has 68,300 miles. As You guessed it set ALOT....But it fired up sounds great. Put fresh fuel and treatment in.changed oil and moved the PMD.It runs ok at idle, but going down the highway and you step on the throttle it Surges and won't quit till you leave off and then it straightens out... Any Suggestions..Oh I changed fuel filter Also, I took the fuel out of where the filter goes and Dumbed Power Serivice in the filter housing. I'm in the proscess of doing it again tonight.. trying to clean the eye sensor out in fuel pump. I found out the Guy that had it dumbed Sea Foam in the tank. And from Experince with my other truck I found 6.5 Diesels don't like it...Well any feed back I will be VERY THANK FUL...

·
Administrator
16,657 Posts
Remove the FFM, clean and then replace the 2 O-Rings.
Replace the screen filter down inside of the bottom

With the engine running, open the T Valve for 30 seconds and let fuel drain into a container.
If during that time, the engine dies or no fuel flows from the drain line then replace the lift pump.

Install a clear line on the return side of the IP to help look for air in fuel.

Do not mess with the Optical Sensor.. It is a sensitive part of the IP and deals with your timing.
There is a set procedure to deal with the OS and if not followed you will turn your IP into a very expensive paperweight.
Sea Foam is ok to use in a 6.5L, in limited quantities..

Reactions: bk95td

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Have you tried running with the fuel cap loose. A plugged vent in the fuel cap or cap for a gasser can cause a vacuum to form in the tank and starve it for fuel.

Reactions: OkDually
1 - 3 of 3 Posts