Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I just picked up my truck today from Maine. This truck has some excellent power and this is my first diesel. It is a 1995 GMC 2500 2WD Extended Cab with the 8ft bed. This truck is really big and it rides very well. I was impressed with the fuel ecomony. It had a full tank when I left the dealership and when I arrived to Connecticut, it shows 3/4 of a tank. This was driving at 70 with the cruise control on. Also, the RPM's were at 2500 so I'm thinking it has 4:10 but not sure. I need to look at the RPO codes.

Anyway, it has the factory camper mirrors and that is the first thing that is going. I would like the standard electric black mirrors so if anyone knows where I can get them or maybe swap them with mine, then please let me know. Someone has emailed me already about them but I lost his/her address.

Also, the radio is in LOC mode meaning I can't use it. The dealership said they will send me a new radio for the truck because they don't know the code but for the meantime, is there a way around this?

So far, I have no complaints with the truck. I can't believe the power this truck has. The injector pump was relaced at 50K miles.

Thank you for all the information you provided me with now and for the future.

Pete..:)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Pete,

what happened?? I thought you ordered LBZ?? not that this truck is bad I just knew you were talkin about buying a new truck. Anyways hope everything goes well with your new ride regardless

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
gm ought to be able to unlock the radio. as for the 3/4 of a tank, my truck will go forever on F and then drops hard and fast once it starts dropping from F towards empty. mine is i believe 34 gallons but will still show full at 17.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Pete,
I am looking for the camper mirrors to go on my 94. Mine only has the standard non electric chrome mirrors. If you decide how much you want for them, PM me with the price and I will see what I can do.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I thought they could unlock it with a VIN from the truck, that infomation would get them the code? or reset it somehow. If they don't come thru with a radio PM me, I got a couple here, one that came from my 1995 K2500HD in my signature.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I think you have to program that number in yourself. Not something from the factory. There may be a factory default setting, but once you program your number in, it erases the default number.... meaning try every single number until you get it...

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi gmperfomance03,

I was ready to purchase the new truck but then decided not to because my wife needed a vehicle too and it would have been to much money. A dealership let us borrow a trailblazer for the weekend so I liked it so much that I bought an 04 Bravada with every option.

To make a long story short, I was able to buy three vehicles with the price of one. I saw the 95 GMC at a dealership and liked it so I bought it.

Maybe in a few years I will buy a new truck but for now, this works for me and the wife.

Thank you,

Pete..:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts