Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a 93 3/4 ton, 4x4, with a 6.5.

Last few days hiding bumps makes the truck shutter.

Had the entire front end check out. Mechanic found the lower cab to frame bushing, directly under the drivers seat, had fallen out. I know I can get a brand new set, but for now I only need that one.

The bolt actually turns, likely the banging freed the rust. So replacing the bushing should fix the problem.

Anywhere to get just the lower one, or the size of the lower bushing?

John

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,760 Posts
LMC is the only source I have seen, also make sure the mount itself isn't rotted out.
I have a C1500 and I found that all four of the cab mounts on the frame are rotted and the cab is basically sitting on the frame.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Head to the junkyard. Any GMT400 cab mount will do thats the same size.They are the "smaller" ones.

I did the energy suspension poly ones and replaced all of the bolts, and fixed all the rusted out body mounts on mine last summer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found LMZ and I ordered the lower bushing, disk, and new bolt. I also found how to access the top of the bolts, via the "hidden doors" behind the bench seat. On Driver's side the bolt is easy to turn, seems like no issue to come out. The other side, after PB and weekend to soak, seems really stuck. I have a feeling that bolt is rusted to the metal sleeve of the upper bushing. If I would break that bolt, then I'm into combat by lifting the cab, which I don't want to do with runner boards attached. I may skip this side, and address as needed. Mounts look ok.

Given this bolt is "really" stuck, any tips to get it out without a welder?

Its a really good truck. Wish GM had paid attention to rusting. Side note: My axle bolts rusted and broke. Drive shaft came out of the transfer case and hit the ground. If going faster than 20 mph might've killed me. GM did saddles upside down that then held water. No real damage, which is amazing.

Thank each of you. If any problems with the one side I'll let you know.
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts