Diesel Place banner

621 - 640 of 685 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #621
Well little sad news.... I will be selling the Truck at end February, I brought it to complete my home remodeling work and its coming to the end and I've done everything I wanted to the truck, so time to pass it on to someone else.

Good news is I won't be leaving the forum, will be looking for a newer, larger model truck at the end of the summer :)

I will write up summary in February, but I think everyone knows from signature all the work I've done to this truck.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,643 Posts
:hehe: I cant manage to paint my kitchen. How you found any time to work on your truck while remodeling a home is beyond me. Good for you though I hadn't seen you post anything for a while and there's alot of good info here. Good thing about this is that you will know just what to look for in your next purchase or should I say project because I dont see you being happy with something left alone:HiHi: Well take care maybe a member here will buy your rig ya Never know.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #623
:hehe: I cant manage to paint my kitchen. How you found any time to work on your truck while remodeling a home is beyond me. Good for you though I hadn't seen you post anything for a while and there's alot of good info here. Good thing about this is that you will know just what to look for in your next purchase or should I say project because I dont see you being happy with something left alone:HiHi: Well take care maybe a member here will buy your rig ya Never know.
yeah multitasking is the key! :hehe:

Yeah I've learnt a lot while doing this truck and whoever buys it will have a great truck with all the common issue resolved. Thinking twin turbo truck next!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
How is the MinnKota power inlet port working for you? It has poor reviews on Amazon, wondering what your experience has been with it. I was thinking about installing one or similar.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #625
How is the MinnKota power inlet port working for you? It has poor reviews on Amazon, wondering what your experience has been with it. I was thinking about installing one or similar.
Its worked perfectly for me, but I made sure it was secure within the unit, as if you leave as is, the prongs themselves move a little and I didn't like that. I just glued the center part to the case itself, perfect connection every-time with no issues.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #626

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #628
CL listing flagged :confuzeld
thanks, Its because I am traveling and I cannot validate posting via mobile :( will repost on Saturday :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #629 (Edited)
Ad details are;

Chevy K2500 3/4 TON truck for sale - $5k (SEATTLE)

1992 (MFD is 03/92)
Chevy K2500 - Silverado
3/4 TON
6.5L V8 (F) Turbo
8ft bed with canopy.
188K miles,
Black exterior / red interior.
I am the 3rd owner
Runs and drives perfect, see details below for full spec and all new items.

Selling due to used for home remodeling which is now complete, so no longer have usage for it.

This has been maintained and cared for by each of previous 2 owners and while I've owned it, I have spent a lot of time and money, making sure this truck was in perfect working order.

Red interior is near perfect condition and clean.
Kenwood CD player perfect working order with remote control, upgraded speakers.
new old Stock - matching cup holder installed.

suspension:
upgraded Monroe Reflex shocks

V8 - 6.5L Diesel engine,
Stanadyne manual IP DB2-4911 - inspected/perfect working order
New Batteries (x2),
new Leroy Oil cooler lines - upgrade to prevent the known cooler lines breaking.
new OEM Power Steering Pump,
new Gates K061010 Serpentine Belt,
new OEM belt tensioner,
new AC Delco Tstat,
new heather inlet hose I-2F,
new oil filter adapter removal
new direct smaller WIX Oil filter #57099,

Block heater plug access via drivers front fender

better fueling
FFM & IP Transfer Pump Cap 3/8'' 1/2''-20 Fuel MOD,
relocated FFM to drivers side of intake,

Cooling:
brand new OEM radiator ($900)
new radiator cap,
new lower and upper radiator hoses,
new hose clamps

Gauges:
Glow-Shift Fuel Pressure and Turbo Boost Gauges, in custom made dashboard housing, with custom professional cabling installed - make sure you can monitor your engine.

Better Lighting;
32" CREE LED Curved Work Light Bar.
All lights checked and bulbs replaced.

Fresh engine Oil change, transmission - completed last few months, as well a break fluids flush and bleeding and rear axle check just completed.

This Chevy now runs perfectly, everything works and is reliable.

Grab yourself a great truck.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Nice truck

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #631 (Edited)
Nice truck
Thank you.

Took some better pictures of the interior showing the Blacked out dashboard and Gauges.

Completed a 30 mile drive this morning, truck is running perfect. :coolnana:

I will start posting up my parts for sale tomorrow so keep an eye out for those.

·
My 6.5 scared a prius
1,215 Posts
parts... parts are good lol

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #633

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #634
Cleaned up engine bay today (was very windy today in Seattle, so outside will have to wait until tomorrow!)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #635
Gave the truck a clean today

Planning on doing oil and oil filter change this weekend and grease up the prop shaft.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #636
Actually to note, when you are doing one area of greasing, always good to check and grease if necessary other locations on Chevy Truck.

Location on my Truck are;
-Upper and lower ball joints (both wheels).
-Inner and outer tie rod ends, (both ends of the relay rod).
-Pitman arm and idler arm, (inward of the tie rod ends).
-If a 4x4 like me there is a grease fitting on the front drive shaft for the spline, you will know if you need grease on this one, as you will hear clunking noises when you accelerate.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Get yourself a few of these. I use them on a right-angle die grinder with a Roloc attachment.

Much quicker and cleaner than scraping gaskets and the surface is beautiful when done.

Very nice work! I'm impressed by your attention to detail. Someone is going to get a nice truck for sure.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #638
Get yourself a few of these. I use them on a right-angle die grinder with a Roloc attachment.

Much quicker and cleaner than scraping gaskets and the surface is beautiful when done.

Very nice work! I'm impressed by your attention to detail. Someone is going to get a nice truck for sure.
thanks that is good tip, but I have rust, grease paste I put on those areas and within 24 hours it cleans it all up, just have to wipe off with a rag. :)

yeah truck is running great and someone will get a nice truck. On the hunt for my next truck this weekend.

·
Registered
290 Posts
thanks that is good tip, but I have rust, grease paste I put on those areas and within 24 hours it cleans it all up, just have to wipe off with a rag. :)

yeah truck is running great and someone will get a nice truck. On the hunt for my next truck this weekend.
I've never heard of grease paste, good tip. Good luck with your hunt.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #640
I've never heard of grease paste, good tip. Good luck with your hunt.
Its rust paste, but it cleans up everything I've ever put on it, dirt, rust, grease, oil. I've called it out in this thread to clean up rust on certain parts. I will do a write up this weekend.

The more I do to this truck the harder it is to sell it, but it has to go.

621 - 640 of 685 Posts