Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, heres the first thread of my build. Stick around to see the story of this old army truck. Im 16 and ive got a decent black thumb. So the other day i changed the fuel filter to see about 1-2 grams of sand in the bottom and replaced it with a very high quality filter/water seperator and the truck is running much better even though it ran great before. Previously, i had to turn the idle way up (which i did by turning the fast idle solenoid, please let me know if this is okay because i did it as it was easier to get to than the idle screw) but since i changed the filter i was able to turn it down like 3 or 4 turns so i know its flowing much better. I also build that dumb ass bumper that i actually like but everyone i know seems to hate. Yesterday i was trying to fix my tailgate as well and it was jammed in the top so i tried pulling the top off (First time it was ever off) and i shattered the glass which sucks but what are you gonna do... if anyone has a mechanical tailgate or just the glass let me know id love to buy it. Please tell me any tips you can give im new to this forum thing thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
idle screw: engine off, move lever forward, screw's accessible.
welcome to the place. look forward to the build. pics are nice also.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im looking to squeeze some more power out of my 6.2, id like to turbo but i cant seem to find a 6.5 that i can harvest turbo parts off... any tips?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Junkyard 6.5 turbo and manifolds. Youll need to fabricate a Turbomaster on stock 6.5 turbo wastegate, and build a downpipe and crossover pipe to the 6.5 manifolds.

Or hunt for a Banks turbo kit for a 6.2 on eBay. They exist. I've seen several go through the dieselplace classifieds and on eBay recently.

Good luck with the project, be sure to keep a close tab on the 6.2 forum. If you create a thread there, you can post it in your build thread to keep a tab of all your problems and what you are working on.

A piece of cheap plexiglass and some silicone caulk works in a pinch.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Junkyard 6.5 turbo and manifolds. Youll need to fabricate a Turbomaster on stock 6.5 turbo wastegate, and build a downpipe and crossover pipe to the 6.5 manifolds.

Or hunt for a Banks turbo kit for a 6.2 on eBay. They exist. I've seen several go through the dieselplace classifieds and on eBay recently.

Good luck with the project, be sure to keep a close tab on the 6.2 forum. If you create a thread there, you can post it in your build thread to keep a tab of all your problems and what you are working on.

A piece of cheap plexiglass and some silicone caulk works in a pinch.
Well, update... Turbo is purchased, along with manifolds and such... Made a new thread. Installed delphi 6.5 injectors today and gonna try to get that manifold on, it wouldnt fit with my long injectors so now im gonna stack some gaskets and hope for the best!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts