Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1984 k20 6.2 looking to buy a exhaust for it. what would be a good exhaust? I need a complete system from manifold back.

·
Administrator
15,989 Posts
I have a 1984 k20 6.2 looking to buy a exhaust for it. what would be a good exhaust? I need a complete system from manifold back.
If you do a forum search a few threads will pop up like this example:
(y)

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
Rockauto is where I have gotten what I needed.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
I'm looking into a 3 inch dual exhaust. If I go that route do I need to modify anything else? Is there a down fall using a bigger exhaust ( running hotter)? Also who sells a 3 inch dual exhaust?
You would have to custom build a 3", Rockauto only has the stock size, 2.5" I think

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
If it's NA, why up the exhaust size? You're not really going to gain anything. Your best option in my opinion is run factory or go down to the exhaust shop and have them install a 2.5" exhaust.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If you just want it to sound a bit louder and a bit better performance heartbeat do an exhaust (glass pack or normal offset mufflers) at a cheap price.lmc truck retail it(other suppliers are available.....).
With so many decent muffler custom shops , you can choose what u like, stainless etc, but as you said not much off the shelf catering for us in the aftermarket yet.
I used some offset mustang magnaflow stainless mufflers and made up pipe (only cause the shipping was more than the exhaust...).
Bear in mind unless you have 2 of the straight through type per side it will be LOUD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts