Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody I'm new here (to posting at least) here's a little about me and my truck before I start asking questions lol. I am a high schooler in the pnw and I have been working on my 1983 k20 with the 6.2 and 700r4 for the past year or so. I removed the motor so I could replace the flywheel starter and make a starter braket that the last owner forgot. Now for my question I've searched high and low in forums for this. I just put the motor back in my truck and was cranking it over for the first time to bleed the injectors. When I first turned the key on all the gages and lights worked fine. But while I was cranking to bleed the injectors multiple lights and gages stopped working. Including the temp gage oil pressure battery voltage meter gage glow plug light and maybe another one I am forgetting. The glow plugs are wired through a button and solenoid that is not original. The glow plugs and lights are also not functioning anymore.
I have checked all my under the hood grounds which are all good I haven't checked fuses or used a test light on anything yet but I guess that would be the next step. Any one run into this before or have some ideas on trouble shooting. I will post photos of the glow plug system when I go to work on the truck today

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
No power to the cab. Most likely one of the fusible links failed (short somewhere). There is one from the starter, one from the alternator, and one from the junction block above the driver head.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts