Diesel Place banner

194 twist lock socket gauge cluster problems

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Goose57 
#1 ·
Hi all, I’m upgrading my gauge cluster lites to leds. I’m Having trouble with the twist lock sockets for the 194 bulbs. GM apparently used two types in 1995. All the ones I can find are different than mine. The ones I can find have the electrical contacts 90 deg. to the locking tabs. Mine are about 30 deg. (See pic,s don’t no way there are two.) to the contacts, also the bulbs are are not replaceable broke one trying to remove it. The ones I can find won’t work, doesn’t make contact. I can’t find them. Help!!
Door handle Metal Hardware accessory Brass

See less See more
#2 ·
Part 85835 Dorman

#3 ·
Heymccall thanks for your input that’s not the right one. Mine are like 10mm. Dorman site says it fits chevys in the 1970,s. Thanks any way.

#4 ·
Bring the old one to the part store and check their "HELP!" section and see if there is one of the same.
It is difficult to search online for this small parts.
You need to match it visually like buying a nice dress.

#5 ·
Thanks jmjnet. Sorry getting back so late. Life goes on. Been there done that. Some of the guys at the parts houses seems like they don’t have a clue.🤪

#8 ·
Not sure if your 95 is the same, but I ran into the same problem on my 94. Bought the 90 degree ones from superbrightleds.com and they didn’t fit. Ended up using Standard Ignition S500A. Bought them locally. Like these:

Applications listed for this part number list them as fitting older GM models, but they absolutely did fit my dash with the offset notches. Still working 6 months later.

#9 ·
Thanks kmagg, do you remember the hole diameter? The offsets are good but mine are small 10mm or so. All the ones I found with offset tabs are the larger(1/2”) ones.(earlier years). Amazons vehicle fit Feature says no. I’m going to try and get dimensions

#13 ·
Not yet I was going to do that as a last resort.

#11 ·
#12 ·
Give me a vin... I have dealer look up

#14 ·
I will get It for you. Thanks a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.