Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’m upgrading my gauge cluster lites to leds. I’m Having trouble with the twist lock sockets for the 194 bulbs. GM apparently used two types in 1995. All the ones I can find are different than mine. The ones I can find have the electrical contacts 90 deg. to the locking tabs. Mine are about 30 deg. (See pic,s don’t no way there are two.) to the contacts, also the bulbs are are not replaceable broke one trying to remove it. The ones I can find won’t work, doesn’t make contact. I can’t find them. Help!!
0D0A979B-E167-4B63-A1DD-5AAE696C7A9D.jpeg

·
Premium Member
17,838 Posts
Part 85835 Dorman

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heymccall thanks for your input that’s not the right one. Mine are like 10mm. Dorman site says it fits chevys in the 1970,s. Thanks any way.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,721 Posts
Bring the old one to the part store and check their "HELP!" section and see if there is one of the same.
It is difficult to search online for this small parts.
You need to match it visually like buying a nice dress.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bring the old one to the part store and check their "HELP!" section and see if there is one of the same.
It is difficult to search online for this small parts.
You need to match it visually like buying a nice dress.
Thanks jmjnet. Sorry getting back so late. Life goes on. Been there done that. Some of the guys at the parts houses seems like they don’t have a clue.🤪

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,721 Posts
Thanks jmjnet. Sorry getting back so late. Life goes on. Been there done that. Some of the guys at the parts houses seems like they don’t have a clue.🤪
They don't, you have to find it yourself in their rack.
The part no given above can point you to the general location.

I also saw a reply at TruckStop on the part no.
With that part no., may be you can find it on ebay or amazon.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They don't, you have to find it yourself in their rack.
The part no given above can point you to the general location.

I also saw a reply at TruckStop on the part no.
With that part no., may be you can find it on ebay or amazon.
Hey jmjnet, the ones on truck stop won’t work either. One the tabs are at 90deg. the other was to small (74 bulb) I need them for the larger 194 bulbs. The one in the above post is to big. Go figure:unsure:. No luck in the help sections.I’ll just keep plugging along. I was thinking about soldering some led diodes in. A lot of work. Do I really wan leds? :rolleyes:Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure if your 95 is the same, but I ran into the same problem on my 94. Bought the 90 degree ones from superbrightleds.com and they didn’t fit. Ended up using Standard Ignition S500A. Bought them locally. Like these:

Applications listed for this part number list them as fitting older GM models, but they absolutely did fit my dash with the offset notches. Still working 6 months later.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks kmagg, do you remember the hole diameter? The offsets are good but mine are small 10mm or so. All the ones I found with offset tabs are the larger(1/2”) ones.(earlier years). Amazons vehicle fit Feature says no. I’m going to try and get dimensions

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,721 Posts
Have you checked stealership? If all else fails.

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts