Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought 19.5 rims and I am looking for tires for every day driving. I am trying to stay with all six tires same tread pattern. I like the 225 because they are close to factory. Thank you

·
Registered
292 Posts
I just put on 245/70/19.5 tires on my truck and like them so far.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have all six tires with same tread? Any pics?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not real sure. I bought 19.5 rim from a friend that had them and sold his truck. They are new in the box. I do kwow that these will fit with no mods, but there are many different makes.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Michelin XZE is a great daily driving tire made in a 225/70/19.5 in F and G ply ratings and 245/70/19.5 in H and F ply ratings. They ride and wear great with long tread life.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Mine are all Hankook 245/70/19.5 same tread all 6 tires. I will get some pics tomorrow if I have if I have time. Mine rims were a direct bolt on and I had to do no mods to get them to fit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a set of chrome Driv 19.5 direct bolt on with bridgestone tires that I will sell. PM me if interested. I am trading my truck in on a 450 ford and I am not giving them the wheels and tires.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here is a pic of my 19.5's. Just click on the thumbnail to enlarge.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
THUNDERUSONE;1574506; said:
Here is a pic of my 19.5's. Just click on the thumbnail to enlarge.

That sure looks nice, I am on the edge right now trying to decide to get 19.5's or just replace with stock size. I use my truck to tow my 36 gooseneck race trailer only, and I usually cover at least 1,000 miles every trip. Just don't want any issues while on the road. I went to oversize wheels and tires on my SRW 2500 and regretted it. Any advice anyone??

·
Registered
246 Posts
Dash- you will probably have the exact same issues on this truck I think. When I had the 19.5's on a 2500 D/A, braking was harder. stopping distance seemed longer, probably because of the extra rotational weight. Acceleration seemed harder, probably due to the effect of having a numericly higher axle ratio. I think they even negativly affected my economy. Perhaps it's just me but those things sure seemed real to the seat of my pants! On the up side- I certianly never worried about overloaded tire problems!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
19.5's

No negatives towing or otherwise , have noticed nothing as far as braking and they smoke up as easy as 16's , no worrys about wear or wieght.225/70/19.5 Mich XZE

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Me either....stops on a dime and runs like a raped ape......but it aint stock!

·
Registered
124 Posts
still love your truck carhauler... everytime i see it posted on here.. looks soooooo good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.