Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on putting on some 18" Wheels with some 285/60/18 on my 05 2500CC no lift or cranking of bars.Has anyone done this and how do they fit? Looking for pics and info. I have to get ride of the grandpa look as my friends call it.Any sugestions? I was looking at the
ZORA 951C HD Zr2.Has anyone used or seen the Zora wheels?:confused:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have 18x9" wheels on order with 285/60r18 Nitto's. Should be in sometime next week. I'll stick them on and take pics for you.

This is the wheel I will be putting on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
look at DuratotheMax's garage...that's what he has.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing (no lift or crank of T-bars), but with 18x9.5 Eagle 114's. I have seen many Chevy's with 18's and no lift but the only GMC I know of is McRat's Casper IIRC.

I was wondering if the bumper of the GMC would have to be shaved because it curls back more than the Chevy's.

The backspacing on most 18"s that I have looked at are between 5" and 6".

·
Registered
201 Posts
I am planning on putting on some 18" Wheels with some 285/60/18 on my 05 2500CC no lift or cranking of bars.Has anyone done this and how do they fit? Looking for pics and info. I have to get ride of the grandpa look as my friends call it.Any sugestions? I was looking at the
ZORA 951C HD Zr2.Has anyone used or seen the Zora wheels?:confused:

Duane,
Call Rich at Dubzdirect.com 714-671-3100 and he will call the wheel manufacture with your vehicle description ( if he can get the wheel you want ) and tell them what you want to do. They will tell him if it will work without rubbing and lifting. The wheels I ordered were setup so they won't rub on a truck like ours without lifting.

Tom

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Load rating is 3000 backspace is 4.60 with a -10mm offset and they are 9 inches wide. I recieved this info today do you guys think they will work? Am thinking about going down tomorrow and putting a deposit on them as they do not stock rims he said that he would give me the rims and tires at $100.00 above his cost thought that was pretty goog don't have the total yet. But I have been buying tires form him foe almost 30 years I can never find anyone that5 can beet his price.:ro)

·
Registered
201 Posts
You will probably be doing major trimming! I was told 5" minimum backspace with that setup to avoid it. If you can hold off for a weeks I will have mine and can show you how they look.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I decided against the Zoro's not enough backspace. The Wife likes the Eagle 114. Looks like I might get those. Talked to my tire dealer and they said that the backspace is 6" on a 18 X 9.5. think that will work.:ro)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I decided against the Zoro's not enough backspace. The Wife likes the Eagle 114. Looks like I might get those. Talked to my tire dealer and they said that the backspace is 6" on a 18 X 9.5. think that will work.:ro)
I have a set of ice metal 18" for sale.www.offshoreonly.com and goto swap shop at the bottom of the page and look for rims and tires.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The eagle alloy 114's in 18x9.5 have 6 inch backspacing. Click on my car domain in my sig to see pics. I had 285/60/18 and didn't do any trimming at all.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks
The best thing about the eagle alloys is that it keeps the tire and wheel under the truck that way it doesn't through crap all over your truck and there was no trimming.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Duane,

I put my new wheels on tonight and have some pics for you. They are 18x9" with 5.5" back space. Tires are Nitto 285/60r18 with no lift, trimming or cranking.
Check them out in my garage in a few minutes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
285/60r18's are a hair shorter than 265/75R16's. Unless rims really stick out, you should have no problems at all.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tbalt

Those look good glad to know that they fit.:ro) :cool2: :ro) I just ordered some eagle alloy #114 with the same tire.:D Some one else told me that the GMC bottom curves in more and that I might need to trim the corners a bit. I guess I will find out when they come in. Curious how much those set you back?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The eagle alloy 114's in 18x9.5 have 6 inch backspacing. Click on my car domain in my sig to see pics. I had 285/60/18 and didn't do any trimming at all.
I've read elsewhere including Eagle's website that 9.5's will rub on a 2500hd, but not 9's? Is this correct or are you saying you had no rub and didn't have to trim are crank t-bars with your 9.5's?

·
Registered
29 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts