Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a new D/A with now 916 miles on her. I have been interested in moving up to 265 tires. It has been recommended that I also go to a 17 inch wheel. So question is... I have these beautiful polished wheels now and to let them go I would need to find similar (factory if possible) wheels. Where do I find these? Do I need to order thru Cheby and get the wheels for a 3500? Also any input on brand of tires would be interesting. Will 3500 wheels fit just fine or is there an offset issue,
Appreciate your input.....

·
Banned
720 Posts
well if you have a dually i have a 06 i run weld velocity 8 wheels with oem dodge 17"inner steel wheels with no problem i have been running the 245/75/17 tires but plan to go with 265/75/17 when these wear out i plan to go with the michlin ltx m/s for the queit and smooth ride

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you have a single wheel truck you won't have a problem with 265s. I run them no probs and the dealer installed them when new. There are a lot of people reunning 285s with no probs around here also.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I put 265 70 17s on my rig (4 wheels). I have no issues with anything and it's stock. Any bigger and I would have had to remove my mudflaps.

·
Registered
702 Posts
265 75 16 tires will work fine on factory 2500 rims. I just put a set of take off rims from a new Ram 3500 on my truck (17x8). Have 265 70 17 tires on those rims. If you're interested in 17's, I think these look really good on a GM truck and can be had reasonably. The GM center caps fit the Dodge rims perfectly. It was a $0 trade up for me. I bought the tires/rims, almost brand new, maybe 500 mi on them for $500. Sold my GM rims to a guy from this site for $250 and sold the factory tires for $250.
There's a thread in this section w/ pictures on another guys truck, I don't have any pics, but check it out. It's a cheap upgrade/addon if you like the look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts