Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to pick up a set of nice 16 x 10 wheels. I am pretty sure that they are too wide for a no-lift kitted truck, just wanted to check. BTW they have, I believe, a 4 5/8 inch backspacing.mounted with 315 75 16 tires. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I second the "it won't fit without a lift." I have a set of 16x10's that I'm going to try with 285s without a lift. I expect to have to crank the bars and do something with the front valance.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Rescue 1;1592658; said:
I second the "it won't fit without a lift." I have a set of 16x10's that I'm going to try with 285s without a lift. I expect to have to crank the bars and do something with the front valance.
Please don't hang me for sayin this, but in my opinion the 10 inch wheel is too wide for a 285 (~10.8in section with, 9.something tread width.) A 305/70 would be a more appropriate width

For the original question, I have seen them fit with the bumper spaced about 4 inches forward-:t but it still rubbed the rear of the fender well.

I have 16x8 with 285's now with 4.5BS and I will still need to trim the bumper or get an offroad designed one.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
i have 16x10 w/ 285s and love theway they look. yes they did rub, i cranked up the bars w/ some green keys and they work great. i had the same sorda deal, found a deal on sum 16x10s. i like em some people dont, look at my garage, thanks dave

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
i did trim the front valance and i also zip tied the inner fenders back, cant even tell looking at it

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm well aware of the tire/wheel ratio. I didn't say it was optimum but it will work. I can't afford to lift it anyway. Like what has been said, good deal on wheels just trying to figure out how to use them.

Dave you have the look I want. Of course I realize, a GMC has a different lower valance but I think I can still make it work.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i had them on my 03 HD and they fit fine, some cranking and trimming and there ya go... looked good, had a lot of compliments.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I ran a set of 16x10 for 6-7 months and No Problem. I just sold them to trukworx and he is running them on his truck with No Problem.

·
Registered
104 Posts
the 10" wide wheel isnt gonna be your problem, it is the 35" tire. There are people who stuff 35's under a truck with green keys, but they are on 8" wide wheels and STUFFED! I am currently running 33/13.50's with no lift on 20X10 rims and had to turn my t bars all but 4 cranks from the top and trim alot. If you have found a great deal maybe you could re-sell them and run 285/75's on a 16X8... that always looks good and doesnt require trimming... your choice!

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
It might not be what you want, but you can fit them. Check out _nar_'s sig and see how he did it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts