Diesel Place banner

16x10 Question

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  1bad01 
#1 ·
I'am looking at a set of wheels for sale.They are 16x10 I have a 05 cc d/max Lt.with 295/75/16 BFG At tires.On stock pyo's Would I have any problems putting my tires on these rims?

#2 ·
what's the backspacing of the 16x10's?
Do you have a lift on your truck?

Short answer is your tires will be much safer on those wider wheels. Long answer, depending on different things they may or may not fit on the truck with those wheels.

#4 ·
If your truck is not lifted, you will definatly have to do some trimming and t-bar cranking at the very least to fit them.

A friend of mine had 305's on 16x10's on his truck. We had the T-bars cranked and did some pretty heavy dudy trimming and he still had some rubbing problems while turning. Not too bad though.

#9 ·
You will have less trouble with 8's for sure (making them fit) but you won't have as much of the "wide tire" look as you will with 10's. You will be able to make either work as long as (like the others said) the backspacing is correct.

Even with deeper backspacing, the 10's will make the tires stick out some. So if you like that look, I'd say go for the 10's. If you want to keep 'em tucked under more, go for the 8's.

My .02 ;)

#6 ·
The wheel width isn't the only factor that comes into play making the tires fit. The backspacing can create a huge headache too. The other day when we were trying to put a set of snow tires on my truck (285/75-r16) on a set of 16x8 wheels that had 4" of backspace they just plain wouldn't fit. My welds have 4.625" of backspacing which is why the 285's fit without hardly any rubbing. I haven't cranked the t-bars. So we found some 16x8's that have 4.5" of backspacing and they fit OK, they rub a little worse than my welds but it's not too bad.

some 16x8's might not be a bad idea. Try to get more than 4.5" backspace though. They're hard to find but it'll be worth it in the end.

#7 ·
If it where me i would go with 16X8s 10s are wide and will throw rocks and whatever all over the side or your truck been their done that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.