Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the look of eagle 111s. they only come 16x10. are they to wide for 285/75/16 tires? will they stick out two far? does it make the tire look shorter and wider? :help:

·
Registered
216 Posts
You will have to do alot of triming and they are wide i have 16x8s and my buddy has 16x10s and hates them because they throw stuff all over the side of the truck. he had 285s but took them off and went with 265s not as wide but still pretty wide.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
A 16X10 is too wide for a 285. If you want to run a 33" tire, buy a 305 so the sidewall isn't bulging (IMO).

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I would not put a 285 on that wide of rim. YOu are changing the flex area of the tire and causing all kinds of issues. The tires will not last. That wide of rim will not fit under the stock front end. It will rub when you turn badly. If you put a lift kit, then that changes things. I had Eagle Alloys 16X8 and they threw all kinds of road crap all over the truck. The looked nice, but I didn't like that. The rubbed the corners of the lower fender with 265's on them. Also, they drove a little squirrly on the I-state because they were wider than the grooves in the road. The price you pay to look nice I guess. I sold them with the last truck I had and have stayed with stock rims on this truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts