Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the lowest price on a Magnaflow 16999? Also who makes a cheap removal kit for th CAT, and are there any negatives about removing the CAT? This is on a 2005.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Why do you want a Magnaflow 16999, from what I gather it is just a replacement 3.5" exhaust.
Seeing you are also pricing a cat delete I believe you should look at a MBRP-S6004409

·
Registered
129 Posts
I may be getting rid of my MBRP front pipe soon. 4" cat delete that bolts right in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is this MBRP-S6004409, if not what is the part number? How much do you want for it? Will having the cat delete throw any codes. My truck is stock, but I want put a K&N on and a CAT delete/exhaust.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I heard the K&N will mess up the mass airflow sensor because of the oil. Havent tried it yet but from looking around on this site it looks like the stock airbox mod works pretty good. I'll probably try it once I get my stock exhaust replaced.

·
Registered
129 Posts
www.kennedydiesel.com on the airbox mod...

I do not remember the part number but I can try and look for it. It is made for the 05 and older duramax's because it has the flange. I believe it will work with the 06/07's, you just need to get a system that has a flange (basically, a system for the 05 and older)

I paid 115 for it new. It's only about a month old. Let me know your location and I can get a shipping quote and we can work out a price.

-P

·
Registered
250 Posts
Search PPE airbox mod mod on this site and there are several threads on it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is this MBRP-S6004409, if not what is the part number? How much do you want for it? Will having the cat delete throw any codes. My truck is stock, but I want put a K&N on and a CAT delete/exhaust.
The S6004409 is a full off road kit that bolts to your turbo downpipe....it'll delete the cat with no option to replace it. This is one of our best selling turbo back exhausts. You run about a 30% chance of throwing a code when you delete the cat.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Another option with the MBRP would be a #S6000409 Cat Back Exhaust System and a GMS9401 front pipe with flange. This way you can reinstall the cat if needed.

Most trucks with federal emissions won't throw a code. It's the CA emissions that have the problem.

Stay away from the K&N filter. Use the extra money on the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Another option with the MBRP would be a #S6000409 Cat Back Exhaust System and a GMS9401 front pipe with flange. This way you can reinstall the cat if needed.

Most trucks with federal emissions won't throw a code. It's the CA emissions that have the problem.

i agree the 6000409 w/ the option to add the front pipe in later might be a better choice for ya if your still kicking around the idea of taking out the cat. it will wind up being a little more expensive doin it that way though. some of the 05's didn't throw codes i'm not sure what the certain code on the glove box is but you will be able to tell by that if you will throw the code or not, i know mine didn't.

as for the intake i agree again stay away from K&N they are only 2 layer filters and will not filter good enough for our trucks. personally i have an airraid system on mine but i really like the AEM systems they run a lifetime dry polyester filter and will filter just as good as your stock set up and flow much better.

let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Either that or just get the MBRP front pipe for a pre 06 that has the flange on it.

The MBRP pipe will bolt into the stock location and the flange will work on the stock rear pipe.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
is there a system like this for the 2008 lmm trucks. i want to replace the exhaust and delete the dpf but would like the possibility of putting it back on easily for warranty work. what part numbers would work on my truck. thanks

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
You can do this with a full system. Once you pull it, it is easy to replace. There is no way on the LMM to just pull the DPF or DOC and keep the existing tail section, front pipe etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.