Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems to be a good combination keeping the stock filter clean; Nicktane Pre Filter and Primrose additive. The stock filter has the same dirty stripe on the back side. I forgot to take pictures of the inside of the filter cans. They were very clean with no signs of water or rust. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
Looks good, almost looks like you can run that Cat another 10-15K

I am not sure if you could run the OEM that long. It's amazing though, the dirt that passes the Cat.

I change my lift pump pre filter and OEM every 10K and the post-Mega 40K.

·
Registered
141 Posts
SS396;1551214; said:
Looks good, almost looks like you can run that Cat another 10-15K

I am not sure if you could run the OEM that long. It's amazing though, the dirt that passes the Cat.

X2

I am surprised that much made it threw the CAT.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
coldLBZ;1551197; said:
Would I be able to extend my OEM fuel filter change intervals if I use the Nicktane?

I wouldn't go beyond what the manufacture recommends on the OEM filter just for warranty purpose. A Nicktane filter will help supply your engine with a cleaner fuel source, much better than the OEM alone.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Here are mine. I change my CAT filter every 10K miles. I tried the OEM filter for 20Kmiles this time just to see how much I can get away with. I think 20K witht he CAT is max. Also it looks like my lift pumps are doing their job. I also use the Primrose addative.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.