Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my new stack up and running, seams stronger than the 110va, but that is only seat of the pants, once the temperture smartens up i will do some gteching, also got a power pup with timing and does it come alive with the stack, will chirp the tires from a stop in fwd with no brake holding back, keep you informed

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Does that stack make the odometer roll back too?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on the largest tire setting the speed is 24 miles per hour slower at 74mph, as well the
odometer

·
Registered
958 Posts
Wouldn't you want to be tuning it for the smallest tire size possible, if you want the odometer to roll slower?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Camstyn, I was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Camstyn said:
Wouldn't you want to be tuning it for the smallest tire size possible, if you want the odometer to roll slower?

The computer is thinking that for every revolution it is covering "x" amount of ground.

A smaller tire will have to turn more times to go the same distance as a larger one.

So if a small tire covers 5 feet per/revolution and a large one covers 10 feet/ per revolution then with a larger tire it will go 1/2 as fast using that scenario.

So 1/2 as fast is 1/2 the MPH.......

Class Dismissed

Is that right

T
NYEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
958 Posts
What do you mean it won't stop?

I'm 13% off from stock and my speedo is uncorrected, how far you you go before problems arise?

·
Banned
328 Posts
I do not know exactly where it starts, but if you go to one extreme you will have problems. We had someone call us and claim that we had screwed their antilock brake system up. We started testing and found out they had either raised or lowered the tire size all the way to the bottom or top. When he put it back they were fine.

Quad

·
Registered
958 Posts
Good to know, I'll have to find a different way to slow down my odometer then.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<DIV>"This is BS because if you go too far and make it way out of whack the truck won't stop and it will set the ABS light."</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> quad: yes you are right on the abs light comming on, and you are wrong on the truck will not stop, have been running this for now over 10k and yes my truck always stops, but the light does come on after a few miles, so i guess your statment is bs
, and to remind you this is a power pup and we all no you have a whole different box then them
</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>as for the tire setting the setting of 25" gives the lowest tire speed compared to entering a higher number, for my 33" tires 32" is what i need to enter to be deadly to my gps for speed</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>

·
Banned
328 Posts
fredw said:
<DIV>"This is BS because if you go too far and make it way out of whack the truck won't stop and it will set the ABS light."</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> quad: yes you are right on the abs light comming on, and you are wrong on the truck will not stop, have been running this for now over 10k and yes my truck always stops, but the light does come on after a few miles, so i guess your statment is bs
, and to remind you this is a power pup and we all no you have a whole different box then them
</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>as for the tire setting the setting of 25" gives the lowest tire speed compared to entering a higher number, for my 33" tires 32" is what i need to enter to be deadly to my gps for speed</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>

It does not matter if you use a puppydog or a predator or a tech2 or anything else. The ABS will screw up and you will have hardly any brakes, the ABS is controlled in the ECM obviously and when you wreck your truck or kill some poor family to save a few hundred miles on your odometer only blame yourself.

Also 2 things are happening, you are lying about how far off you speedo is, or you know your brakes are all but non existant and do not want to say anything. Yes you can stop, eventually, but they are not like they are supposed to be.

And yes, I can prove it, not on a Gtech.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I don't understand how the computer has anything to do with normal braking?

These trucks are Throttle by wire not brake by wire....there is a direct mechanical connection from the brake pedal to the booster and on to the wheels. IF ABS is needed then yes a change may be noticed. But I'm not even sure about that because ABS compares one wheel's speed to another to sense lockup so actual ground speed isn't an issue.

I just don't see how the computer can influence a purely mechanical system like hydraulic brakes? ABS maybe but not actual braking force.

·
Registered
958 Posts
What if you take the fuse out that controls the ABS? I know the light will always be on, but at least you'll have full braking power. Personally I hate ABS anyways, it's almost caused me to rear end someone before on wet pavement.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
My new kit for sale will address all the issues above. We have done extensive G-Tech testing and we know this will work. You can turn that 100,000 mile warranty into a 500,000 mile warranty with our kit.

We will drop ship to your door but an extension ladder and / or small crane will be necessary for the install.

Act now and get the low low forum member discount price for only three payments of $19.95 each.

I just finished the install on my rig and while starting out and stopping is really difficult along with navigating under overpasses presenting some challenges I feel really good knowing that my odometer won't hardly move for a few years.

Here is the photo of it installed:

Edited by: BMDMAX

·
Registered
958 Posts
SWEET! How much trimming is there involved in the fenders/front bumper?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quad: i have 04s with the power pup doing the samething, with less than 5k on, and yes they have brakes as well, i called bully dog about what you said and they are probally still laughing if you call them, i am not here to sh*t on your product so why is there so much tension when a va or bullydog product is mentioned, if they are so different in tunes, my brakes have never failed not once and i am 24 miles per hour slower than the gps at hiway speeds, so please ease up and relax

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm curious Quad.. When it happens will it just disable the ABS, or make the ABS think the tires are slipping and lose braking power?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
**Mental Note - Never buy a used vehicle from fredw**

1 - 20 of 37 Posts