Diesel Place banner

1500 Stepside?

703 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SCQTT 
#1 ·
A few days ago I had a 1500 series Chevy pull up beside me and the shortbed had fenders sticking out (molded into bed sides) that looked like a dually, only they didn't stick out as far. Is this the new "stepside" or is it some aftermarket bed? Does anyone know if that baby would bolt onto my 2500HD Dmax? The bed looked the same as a fleetside except for the bulging fenders.

#2 ·
I think maybe it was a 1500HD with rear steering. The rear steer trucks have a wider track and sort of a different semi stepside dually looking bed on them. It looks cool.

#3 ·
Yeah, sounds like a Quadrasteer!

#4 ·
X3

#5 · (Edited)
Yeh, Those are cool, a nice set of meats would look good on one of those babies!! How long have they been making those beds? Will they bolt on a 2500HD? Edit: Forget that last remark, after a little research, I see that the 2500hd's come with them too. I need black one if anybody knowa of a front end damaged truck!

:phatyo:

#6 ·
They are pretty rare around here. I think they sold like crap. I would have bought a CC long bed if I could have got Quadsteer with a Duramax. I think 05 was the last year for Quadsteer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.