Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The delvac1 im running (installed for my yellowstone trip) is just got way to low idle oil pressure. It knocks and rattles a lot more on cold startup as well. Im just not happy with the 5 weight oil. Im going to switch back to a 15-40 because I live in southern california and it was 80 degrees today. The hot idle pressure of 16lbs is making me real worried.

Whats the best (easily obtainable) 15-40 synthetic I can buy? I used the search button but didnt find anything here.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
251 Posts
The only full Syn 15-40 I have seen is Amsoil and they also make a Syn/Pertro blend. Edited by: dslbrnr

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm running the Amsoil full synthetic 15w40 and love it. You can order through several of the Forum supporters or me through the following link:

http://home.wwdb.org/sshiver/Amsoil.htm

Use the Amsoil site to order and it will be delivered right to your door.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Royal Purple makes 15w40 Diesel Oil. You can get it from Jegs.com

·
Registered
772 Posts
Redline also makes a 15w40 weight synthetic. I don't quite understand the problem you're having, though. I've run Delvac 1 since my first oil change with no problems at all.

TC

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tsckey

My hot idle oil pressure is down at 17lbs.

Not sure if its the oilguard I installed or the 5 wt oil? I did both at the same time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Problem Child

I changed over to Delvac 1 5w 40 Syn. I have lower cold start pressures by about 15 psi and higher hot idle pressure by about 10 psi. not sure why yours would be lower at idle? Though this is OH and not CA and the air temp is quite different out there this time of the year, Burrrrrr!

Engineer Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts