Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm purchasing a 1997 Ford duelly with the 7.3 Powerstroke engine. The truck appears to be in excellant condition. It has 122,00 miles. I've had a mechanic drive it and he says it seems to be in great condition. I've never owned a diesel before so I really don't know what I'm looking for.

I would appreciate any suggestions or comments from all you experts. With the truck is '03 5th wheel. This is my first experience with 5th wheel also. I'm upgrading from a Toyota 4runner and a popup to this.

Thank you all in advance.

Rory

·
Registered
292 Posts
Good luck. I have a 1995 and I love it. I also have a fifth wheel. I love it also. Hope you have a lot of fun with it. With that kind of mileage you can't get hurt. They run so dang good and if you take care of the engine and keep the oil changed it will last a long long time. You may wear out the pickup before the engine. You should be able to pull that trailer with no problems at all. Mine has all kinds of power. I have ordered a max super chip tuner and gave it a little more power and now it really pulls.

good luck with youre new purchace.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought my 95 with 200k + and have had no problems. Really like the truck looking to do a few mods as $$ allows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts