Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a '04 2500 HD ext cab 4x4 SLT earlier this week. When I git it home their was tranny fluid everywhere
You could see it dripping down between the engine and the trans. The dealer had picked it up in a trade and drove it the first 200 miles. I'm a little miffed they didn't catch the leak when they were supposed to check it over. Anyhow its now been in the shop 3 days. Apparantly their is a service bulliten on the trans pump gasket. It took two days for the service manager to get ahold of the area GM rep to try to get a new trans. GM says nope. Fix it and bring it back if theirs more trouble.
I just wish they would fix it already. Theirs nothing more aggrevateing than hearing 1 more day, 1 more day. You know it will always be ready tomorrow
They have agreed tp put it back together with Transynd but the jury is still out on that. Seeing is believeing. I am just wondering if any one else has had the same trouble. I'm starting to regret tradeing in my '02.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Wow, I thought that was over with in the beginning of the 03 models... Had a friend have one leak... It seemed most leakes were coming from the plant that builds the reg and ext cabs... I think its the flint plant? I get them mixed up..... Could be pontiac....

ThanksEdited by: ISurvivedNMU

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a extended cab. The frustration level comes from the different stories not the leak. Yesyerday I was REALLY steamed after talking to the service advisor who told me they had been waiting over a full day for the authorization to repair the tranny. I called and talked to the service manager a few hours later to express my concern that I had just paid 40k + for a new truck and we were waiting for authorization to repair. He then told me that he was trying to get authorization for a new transmission. I didnt quite follow the rational as well intended as his efforts may have been as they already told me their was a service bulliten. I dont know why they felt GM would pony up for a new trans if they already had a service bulliten with a fix. I think personally the truth must be that with labor it cost pretty close to fix one as what a new one costs and we were waiting for authorization to repair. I was told two days ago the trans was out and then this morning that it wouldn't be ready till tomorrow as the service manager wanted to drive my truck home to make sure it was fixed. WHAT ??? I told him I wanted it back today and then he said the tech had already been working on it for two hours. hmmmmm. Thats was at 10;30 am. I would certainly hope its done today.

·
Registered
262 Posts
ISurvivedNMU: Pontiac, Flint does the Crew Cabs.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Its a simple job ... No need to replace tranny ... Should take a day or less to repair ....

Mac

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well another day ended and no truck. Looks like a total of 4 days... IF its done tomorrow. I'm starting to think I'm getting hood winked. So many different stories from the stealer. This afternoon they got a bit of a earfull. I was told they would call back by 5 to let me know what time I can pick it up in the am. NO call comes. So I make a few calls and after 6 the service advisor calls to tell me he just spoke to the tech ( ya right ) and that its together except inspection plates and plugs and they want to drive it to make sure it doesn't leak again.
I am starting to really question what in the world is going on. I am starting to think some one had a major brain fart and they are scrambeling to fix some screw up. I cant believe it takes 4 days to replace a pump gasket or they actually thought GM would swing for a new trans. Not unless they know something major that I dont know.

·
Registered
754 Posts
What dealership if you don't mind me asking...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll post that info after I get my truck back. My past experience with GM is that is you kick too much they like to make you the cause of the problems.
Right now its been 4 days to do a 1 day job. If I am too belive them they wasted 2 days trying to get an approval to replace the trans over a gasket. I still dont belive that as it just doesn't make ant sense when it wan't tossin any codes and their is already a service bulliten. If its not done today I am going to tell them to throw the parts in the back and have it towed from Al Serra to someplace more reliable......ooops

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I got the truck back. It appears to be fixed. It only took four days to do a job rated at 5.30 hours
They did actually put the transynd in
Although my truck had over 120 more miles on it than when I dropped it off
Their response.... well we filled the tank for ya. My response.... Seee ya, enjoy the $$$ because its the last sale you will ever get out of me. And I am REALLY glad to have my truck back. GEEEZ, What should I expect for 45k ? A little service. lol.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Michigana_Joe said:
ISurvivedNMU: Pontiac, Flint does the Crew Cabs.

Thanks,

I looked at my sticker and realized I was backwards.... Where you at in Mi joe... Im in Bay City

·
Registered
59 Posts
Glad to hear you got it back BlueMAxxxx. I'm sorry to hear bout your troubles. It was nice they changed the fluid to TranSyd for you. It's not often the dealer will pay for fuel, that was a nice gesture on thier part. I'm not sticking up for the dealer, I'm just glad to see that they did do some nice things in a bad situation.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes it was nice of them to put the fuel back in it that they burned out. The Transynd was a very nice gesture as well. If they could only learn that just telling a customer the straight up story makes things a lot smoother. Its hard to feel good when they keep sayin another day or give you a different story each time you call. Then theres the grease on the carpet and seat belt. Every thing on its own was very small potatoes but when you add it all up and throw in some attitude it was not much fun. I just dont honestly think thety could throw me enough bones to ever go back. The good news is after 1k miles this weekend no leaks so I dont have to deal with them again

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
120 miles as a lot of miles if you think about it. Nothing you can really do about it now.

My truck had 300 on it when I bought it. Still sold as new. I was concerned then but after 60,000 miles, it was unwarranted in my case I suppose. Truck has been great.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
120 miles after I break it in is no biggie. It just bugged me that they drove it from the other dealers 220 miles and then put another 100 on it in service. I just like to be the one who does the initial run in. I am very pleased that its fixed and the transynd makes a HUGE difference in temp. 20 degress average. Thats gotta save a lot of wear. I also found out it was the service managers first week. I have to wonder if some of the advisors werent working against him just a tad. oh well. Fuel under the bridge and all is well. I think it was just one of those deals where every little thing that could go wrong did. They could have made things a lot more pleasant with just a slight change of demeanor though. Especially the salesman.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts