Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried Helms (GM) a couple of times now, and they are telling me that the service manuals for my '04 will not be done until April. Has anyone else had this trouble ..... dealers included ???? Seems kind of strange that they are selling the vehicle and do not have the service manuals ready yet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What bothers me is that I have one of the early '04s which are basically like the '03...I think... I am not aware of any changes until the '04 1/2. It's like they just consider everything an '03 until the new motor.

·
Registered
220 Posts
GassedRacing said:
What bothers me is that I have one of the early '04s which are basically like the '03...I think... I am not aware of any changes until the '04 1/2. It's like they just consider everything an '03 until the new motor.
Same here - I'm in the same boat. I have an early
'04 too....

I'm tired of waiting on Helm. I think I'm just going to
just order an '03 manual set....

T.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
mnstr_fx said:
I've tried Helms (GM) a couple of times now, and they are telling me that the service manuals for my '04 will not be done until April. Has anyone else had this trouble ..... dealers included ???? Seems kind of strange that they are selling the vehicle and do not have the service manuals ready yet.

I've been wanting a set of manuals as well and got the same information on availability as you did. I suspect the delay has to do with the LLY.

The dealers have access to computer media as well as online access to GM. I don't think we "consumers" and independent shops are a real high priority to GM for current year production models and I think there are probably some differences in the manuals made available for that. So if the new engine is included, Helms probably has to make those changes before publishing the material.

But that's just a guess on my part.....

·
Registered
663 Posts
mnstr_fx said:
I've tried Helms (GM) a couple of times now, and they are telling me that the service manuals for my '04 will not be done until April.

Sounds about right.. I bought my 03 in October 02 and the HELMs were not available until the spring of 03.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Terry said:
GassedRacing said:
Same here - I'm in the same boat. I have an early
'04 too....

I'm tired of waiting on Helm. I think I'm just going to
just order an '03 manual set....

T.

My truck is an '04 but I have the LB7. Can anyone confirm that the wiring / programming, etc.... are all the same for the LB7 '04's. If so, I think that I might just get the '03 manuals too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts