Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized that I did not get a bra with my '04 2500. One came with the '02 but I went and looked at the build it page and it shows a bra as a $55 option
I guess I have every factory option minus the bra, oh and no dual alternators as I have the 145 amp that comes with the plow or camper package. Ater looking closer at the facia I am wondering how you would use one with out rubbing off the paint. Any one with a '04 deal with the bra yet ????

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the offer. I actually still have mine from the '02. I have not looked yet but I doubt it fits. The front facia is much different as are the lights on the '04.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Glad too know that when I get rid of my 03 I'll keep it for the 04.

I wished I had kept the skid plates off my 02 as the are heavier built than the 03.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The skid plates on my 02 were aluminum. I bent them and smashed the oil pan like a pretzel on a little itty bitty poplar stump. The ones on the '04 seem to be made of steel. Plus thet got smart and put the drain plug to the side so you dont wind up with oil all over the skid plate. Of course you still need to take it off to grease the front end. Either way they are pretty whimpy skid plates.

·
Registered
165 Posts
They only ship bras with the trucks that are headed for cold climates, otherwise you get to buy one. My new '04 didn't come with one (not much use for it in central Texas).

Bob

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob, I'm in Michigan. My truck was traded from further North in Mi. No bra. I checked the codes in the glove box. If you do the build it thing on GM's web site you will see that its a $50 option now. It probably doesnt work too well with the painted facia any how. On my '02 one of the few times I used it was at Deer Camp in Hill country beween christmas and New Years '02 ! It was really COLD ! Dave

·
Registered
612 Posts
have one for my '02 that has never been out from behind the back seat .... hopefully someday I'll get a chance to drive through (don't want to linger in
) a place cold enough to use it
.... Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts