Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would my stack of a quad 135 and a standard 90 hp juice be worth on the dyno,my truck sure is strong on the bottom end now laying a strip a rubber in 2nd as long as my truck and just pins its ears back and flies with this setup. I havent limped the alli yet as I am careful on the 4-5 upshift.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
silvermax said:
What would my stack of a quad 135 and a standard 90 hp juice be worth on the dyno,my truck sure is strong on the bottom end now laying a strip a rubber in 2nd as long as my truck and just pins its ears back and flies with this setup. I havent limped the alli yet as I am careful on the 4-5 upshift.

If I was to venture a guess looking over my dyno sheets as I have not run that stack I would imagine you would be at 400-415 RWHP and 725-765-RWTQ.

Just a guess, maybe the next time I am on a Dyno I can test it for ya.

If you are running that stack, start saving for a Tranny.....

T
NY

·
Registered
238 Posts
My truck did 447 and 770+ with the 90 hp juice stacked with the 120 hp Predator.

Jess

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
447 isnt a bad number and thats with the 120hp predator the 135 quad should be worth a few more horse's,if you get a chance gmc-2002-Dmax will you dyno it for me.

·
Banned
328 Posts
I was going to say 425-450 depending on the dyno and truck.

With the 135 you will get some extra fuel and timing so you will get more of a benefit in stacking then someone with the 215. Once you get 450 then it gets tough to get more power. I think we can make upwards of 250rwhp or better when we get air to it!

Best thing to do is run it on a dyno!

Jess,

That is a good number but the torque seems a little low? What sort of dyno were you on?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you mean quad when you say "when we get air to it"?

·
Registered
611 Posts
He is talking about his new turbo

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All I can say is "WOW" this stack rocks... the quad in 135 and the juice running level 3 reg and level 4 T/H and this thing hauls the mail

·
Registered
238 Posts
I am running no stack day in and day out. Most of the time I just run the Juice on level 2 normal mode and 90 hp tow mode. There is NO load on the truck on the dyno. You can pretty much stack whatever you want on the dyno with little or no risk of tranny damage. I would not ever run a stack or more than 120 hp on the street on the stock tranny. I have no mods on the tranny.

jess

·
Registered
194 Posts
ohh. so while on the dyno you can run as much extra power or stack as i would like to? Anyone else able to confirm this?

·
Registered
238 Posts
The shifting to get the truck into 4th is gentle. You lock out 5th, so the weakest clutches are not in play. I am not saying that you can make 50 dyno runs with no risk, but stacking to 400 hp plus and making 2 or 3 runs will not hurt anything. As you know, power is addictive and it is hard not to run more when you have more. I have invested in this truck for the long run, is my only means of transport, pull a 10K 5th wheel. I will not risk tranny damage for the sake of "fun". There may be a tranny upgrade in the future, but I also bought the extended warranty with the truck. That is why I keep it very "mild" on the street. The Dynojet only offers about 30% of the working "load" to a vehicle being tested when making a power run. Let's not confuse this with using a brake, or load testing on the dyno. You can set up the Dynojet and other dynos to load test, or apply extra resistance to the roller to hold a give speed for a given load. This is simulating the load that is presented when holding a certain RPM or speed in gear. This will simulate the same load that is presented when driving on a real road.

Jess

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys. I'm new to the Forum, and the world of big diesel trucks.

I am about to get rid of my BMW M3 and buy one of these monsters; a 2004 Sierra 2500HD SLT CC/SB. I want to tow, wheel, and camp.

I am thrilled to see all the upgrades available, being a guy who likes performance. I can't believe some of the trucks are as fast as my car!

Silvermax, could you please post pics of your truck; I'm looking at getting that color. How do you think black rims would look on it?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will try to get some pics posted,hopefully santa will bring me a new camera,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts