216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Ah, you may want to call them but I think they're "only" good to 10s.
Just trying to provide alternatives.

·
Registered
798 Posts
my buddy was tellin me about a JL 10 set up that will go inplace of the middle section of the front seat if you have the split bench. he said it sounds pretty good, you just take the new enclosure, wrap the stock upolstery on it set in the sub and wire it up. I havent seen one first hand yet but the onyl down fall is theres no longer a soft seat there. its just the hard box. not that i'd want someone in that seat anyway... it takes my armrest away lol
anyone seen or used that set up?

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
I would run 10's in something like that box anyway. No need IMO for 12's in a CC.. Unless you really want thump, then you will need a custom box.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I don't think you'll need the 12's at all. If you really want a stupid amount of bass, you can do it without going to a 12" sub. Just get 2 10's that really push like W7's.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Dub7's Need alot of space and dual bracing, Never seen a small box for those.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yeah they do. There is no such thing as a small box for a W7, but if that's what you want, you'll have to get something custom fab'd to make it work.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the input guys the only reason i was thinkin of 12's is because i have two sittin here that i took out of another truck and i was just trying to find a use for them.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
If you have the subs (if there good subs) do it and add some poly fill to the box, you won't hurt the subs by putting them in to small of box.

·
Registered
825 Posts
What type of 12's did you pull out of the other truck?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts