Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so iv never had an issue w/ my cluster not working befor till today. i hop in the truck its like 12deg out side and once i started drivign i noticed my spedo isnt working ug............. there goes a few hundred buks i didnt have........ im making this post as i wonder, its it more commin for clusters to have the movements go bad in the cold vs. warm weather?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Well mine has done that once or twice, i dont think temp made a difference. I just restarted my truck and all was good. Although, the colder weather has made my truck act a little funny like weird messages in my dic (check air bag..) and things like that, so there should be a good chance this is just a fluke thing.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Have your batteries tested. Cluster not working, usually (but not always) means a bad battery.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
What Wana said. The cluster has to "see" a cetain voltage to "wake up"...in this case, it didn't.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I live in about the coldest climate around and haven't had any problems with my cluster (knock on wood). I would check the batteries like previously stated though.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Batteries sound about right because I had batteries that were getting old and when I would plow and use the plow electronics a lot back dragging the and the batteries started getting drained the cluster would go loopy..
It doesn't sounds like the speed sensor on the tranny because the allison won't shift out of first gear, with out a reading from it at least that’s what I have found out, just stuck in first gear..
Good luck,
Jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts