Diesel Place banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Viair is the industry standard in small durable 12V compressors. I mounted on eon my 2500HD for air bags and tire fills (I surf fish and need to get form 15 back to 50 or so multiple times a day) and it works great! try (www.truckspring.com or www.airliftcompany.com ). Many other sources as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I to use a Viair compressor. I use it to air tires and to run my fire truck horn I mounted under the radiator. It is a great compressor. I have a 3 gallon tank with a pressure switch that shuts the compressor off at 125 psi. I also put a pressure regulator that I set at 60 psi. I get 15 sec of horn without the compressor kicking on. I put a switch so I can switch between my factory horn and air horn.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have a belt driven York on one of my Land Cruisers. 10 years with no problems, great for air tools. At the same time, while I was in Iceland, I got a couple of CO2 tanks. The CO2 is NICE!!!! I can air up a 38x15 from 2 psi to 30 psi in under 5 seconds. With temps in the teens and 20s a 15 lb bottle is good for 12 such air ups. At higher ambient temps it will do even more.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Here's another source - http://www.extremeoutback.com/
They have all the accessories including a pressure switch for automating electric setups.

Good people with some unique "stuff".

·
Registered
404 Posts
Try AW direct part PAC3 for 379.99 its a 12volt 3 gallon tank 3/4 hp 0- 120 psi in 90 seconds 100% duty-cycle. There web site is www.awdirect.com My new truck a 2003 Chevy C4500 has air on borad to run the engine brake and horns.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have a viair 550C that works great. Have not had any problems with it and it is rated for continuous duty.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.