Diesel Place banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light of recent events ive been forced to install the stock turbo back on my truck til mo other gets rebuilt. Needless to say i got it put back together last night with all the stock turbo hardware(down pipe, inlet peice, IC piping)@ 930pm to run this morning at the Large Car Mags diesel dawgs event @ PRP! I Ran a 12.91 @ 105.83 and a 13.01 @ 106.21 mph, a whole lot better than i expected for the POS stocker!!! Runs ware also still with the dual fuelers and a stock rail psi base table!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Congrats :ro)

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Good work Caleb :cool:.

·
Registered
252 Posts
vary nice congrats

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
12.91 nothing to sneeze at! Congrats!

Give Darius a call....I hear he also did pretty well today.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Sweet Caleb! Nice runs

Do you miss the big turbo and power already???

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet Caleb! Nice runs

Do you miss the big turbo and power already???
Thanx Man, No im actually kinda pee'd off that a turbo only gains me 3mph and .40!!!! Maybe ill be turbo shoping insted of rebuilding!!

·
Registered
962 Posts
You should talk to Merchant.....he has some good ideas for a quick spooling, hybrid turbo for a standard trans truck;)

Im still keeping the stocker for now. Next year I want to try my luck and technique launching in 3rd gear to try and hit 12.7's

Either way, just swapping back over to the stock turbo and running 12's with no real tuning time is damn impressive!!!

Wish I had a reg cab:rolleyes:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Congrats Caleb!;)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Nice run Caleb!

Any other timeslip data you care to share?
RT .147
60' 1.718
1/8 8.221 @ 81.20MPH
1/4 12.916 @ 105.83MPH

RT .275
60' 1.852
1/8 8.3034 @ 83.36MPH
1/4 13.031 @ 105.85MPH

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You should talk to Merchant.....he has some good ideas for a quick spooling, hybrid turbo for a standard trans truck;)

Im still keeping the stocker for now. Next year I want to try my luck and technique launching in 3rd gear to try and hit 12.7's

Either way, just swapping back over to the stock turbo and running 12's with no real tuning time is damn impressive!!!

Wish I had a reg cab:rolleyes:
I talked with Merchant a little bit via pm Im waiting for him to get back to me now!!

As for the tuning, thanx, It might have had a bit more in it i dont know, i loaded the boost tables from my wifes truck in my GT40 tune changed the Rail psi table, droped a few degs of timing out on the top and ran with it!!!

As for the the reg cab, i doubt theres much difference!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.