Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a 1995 6.5 with DB2 pump. It has 20K miles on it. I have been using 100:1 Walmart 2-stroke oil in fuel since new.

I have recently acquired 300 gallons of Chevron non-synthetic 10W30 (brand new, Not used oil). Any thoughts about using the 10W30 instead of the 2-stroke? What ratio? What about using more, like 50:1, or 20:1, or even 10:1 to save on fuel cost? I already have the oil, and it is brand new.

I also have 200 gallons of Dextron-3. Would that be better?

·
Administrator
18,674 Posts
We recommend the TC W3 two stroke because it's ash-less and when burned it will leave no deposits behind.
Adding the 10w30 would leave a buildup of deposits behind.
As far as the correct ratio of two-stroke oil used it should be 1 ounce of oil for every 2 gallons of diesel fuel in your tank.

I wouldn't recommend adding Dexron to your fuel system.. Today's ATF fluids contain additives that do not like to burn well.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
With the DB2. I dont see why you cant run that 10 30 mixed with fuel. Its a lot cleaner than than running waste motor oil. Some people who run WMO mix up to 50-50. .I would start off with a much lighter mixture of 10% to 20% 10-30 to see how your engine runs and work your way up if you want to.
I have a buddy with a beat up old 6.2 4x4, that mixes all his, and any other WMO he can get with fuel. He has owned the truck for about 20 years. No harm. My friends old truck seems quieter when he is running WMO mix over straight diesel.
I wish i could run black oil in my truck but the OS does not tolerate it. But if I had 300 gals of clean 10-30 sitting around with no use for... You bet some of it would be going in my tank every fill up till gone.
As OK said above. Do not use Dex3 as a fuel oil.

Reactions: Glagulator
1 - 3 of 3 Posts