Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20.743 hand calculated miles per gallon since I picked up the truck in July 2005.):h

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
That's very good mileage!

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
No towing? All highway? Speed on highway? Extra light foot?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Great mileage. Mine is all hand calc and I am at 14.3 at close to 2 years 22500

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
You're doing great by all means. You can't be towing much with that mileage, though!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It IS great mileage. I'm almost surprised.

I do have a light foot.
From Denton, TX I have driven once to Atlanta, GA, twice to Lubbock, TX, once to Odessa, TX, twice to Tulsa, OK. I stay at 70 mph on the interstates.
Only towed (7,000 lb horse trailer) local travel a few times.
Most driving is 15 miles to work and 15 miles back on freeway.

I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that it continues!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that it continues!
Based on my experience it will. I do a 70 mile round trip to work that is 95% highway. If I keep the cruise set at 73 mph I get 20-21. I've got 50K on the truck so I don't expect that it will improve. First 15K miles I was lucky to see 18 mpg.

Towing 7000 lbs of boat I'm seeing 14-15 :D That was the unloaded mileage for my old gas truck.

·
Registered
66 Posts
18584 miles. 1160.7 gallons used. 514.7 hours. (none of these have been reset since the truck was new and I got it with 13 miles on it on July 7th)
Ave MPG=16
Ave MPH=36
Ave fuel cost per mile= $.175 (Using an average of $2.80 per gallon for diesel thats $3250 total since July 7th)
I do a lot of highway driving with the cruise set at 75. Tow a decent amount and also almost always let the truck warm up for at least a few minutes, probably closer to 15-20 minutes when it is below 30 degrees. So I have done a decent amount of idling.
And if I add in the monthly payment and insurance for 6 months to the fuel cost
Ave cost per mile = $.38
And if I add to that the cost of the oil changes and fuel filters.... OK lets not get crazy here!

I absolutely love my ride though, and I am perfectly happy with these numbers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts