Diesel Place banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know what is the best 10 ply tire.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I like my GoodYear Wrangler Silent Armor 16/75R-16 (E) tires.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
For what use? Highway, dirt roads, gravel roads, snow, ice, deep mud, sand? A mix of 2 or more of the above?

I bought Toyo M55's for highway, dirt road, gravel, snow. Seems to be ok, but $$

jb

·
Registered
960 Posts
And what size are you looking for? Only certain manufacturers make an "E" tire is certain sizes.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Duravis M773ii Lt265/75/16 E

·
Registered
166 Posts
Goodyear Wrangler RT/S, Had them on 3 different trucks and no problems. Got close to 60,000 on the first set.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hankook RF04, my tire guy said he recommends them to anyone needing a 10 ply tire and has used them on all of his contract construction company trucks with very few failures. Plus I got 265/75r16 for $500 out the door.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Depends on what you want to do with the truck. In Most applications, the Michelin LTX M/S is a great tire. Great ride, long mileage. It is not a mud tire, but it does most other things very well. I have run several sets, with great results. Michelin also makes an LTX A/T 2 now that is a little rougher tread, but still has good highway manners. Need to know what size you are talking about.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Best is matter of opinion. But the best in the U.S.A. are Goodyear and Cooper. I qualify that statement by saying they are the only two American owned tire companies in the world.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i got 305s in LRE and they have worked great so far. they are the goodyear silent armor pro-grade. they also had a 50,000 mile tread life warrenty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts