Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that a wheel company sells 8 to 10 lug adapters that will allow you to run bi rig wheels on the 3/4 ton trucks. Is anyone using these and if so, any pics? :)

The fronts would be the same but I'm not sure what would be done with the rear because there would only be single wheels back there and they should be deep to look good.

Tom

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have some bad-a** trucks on there! I think the look that I like is reserved for a dually -

but it's a little to much truck for what I would use it for. Can't whip in and out of a drive thru with something that wide plus it's not as fast with all of the extra weight.

The adapters that I saw are listed at www.americanforcewheels.com .

·
Registered
924 Posts
Bling They look awsome on 3/4 ton fer sure.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yeah, I like the dually 24.5" or 22.5" look.

It would only be beneficial if you were hauling ALL the time. Getting a couple hundred thousand out of tires is always nice!

-Chris

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I only tow something heavy once in awhile. My two jet skis on the trailer really don't call for a 3500 to move them around :) But.. it looks pretty damn cool! That would be the only reason that I'd buy a dually but I think I'd like the width for normal day to day driving.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Bling vs what works

I spent a year + trying to decide what looks right and what works for a everyday driver , 22.5 and 24.5 too much wieght have to much effect on starting and more on stopping they look cool but adapters and all the rest do to much damage to the trucks longivaty and you can't stop it without bigger brakes. Tbryne, you've got one of the best trucks on the DP , just want a new one?? LOL Heres my answer to Bling and practical.

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
You can put super singles on a single wheel truck. They are 22.5. I agree I think this look is for dually's. 22.5's look best on chevy's while fords can pull off the 24.5

1 - 10 of 10 Posts