Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EFI offers on the fly switching of up to two custom made tunes tailored to your vehicle, driving style, and needs. The brand X tuners offer up to 10 switchable tunes. Why don't EFI Live offer more tunes switchable on the fly?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Because

Bobo says;

EFI is a different animal. You used to have to switch between tunes that someone decided you liked. Now you switch between two tunes you or a buddy made for your truck that YOU like.

I say .....nothing, yet :D

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
WE DON'T NEED 10 WORTHLESS TUNES, WE JUST NEED TWO REALLY GOOD CUSTOM ONES.........:eek:

T:D NY
Breaking silence already :

Now you need two? I thought ONE was the bomb? :confused:

See you guys after going to take the three tune out for a ride!:D

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Breaking silence already :

Now you need two? I thought ONE was the bomb? :confused:

See you guys after going to take the three tune out for a ride!:D
Why bother , take the switch right out, all ya need is one.......:cool:

I can load a single tune into an ECM for ya.......since you are the no switcher kind of guy.........but then you would only have 1/2 the fun.

Roll into Kent today, I have a switch all made up and waiting.

T:) NY

·
Registered
837 Posts
I think EFI Live (Ross), these people are doing great things here. 10 one size fits all tunes or 2 of my own, I know which one I will pick but he!! thats just me everybody's different. Keep up the good work Ross and everybody else who's makin bada$$ tunes good work. Sometimes I wish alot of the secret squirel would go away but if I had something great to offer I would probaly wan't to sell it to :cool: .

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If demand is high enough for three, I'm sure they will be more than happy to develop it. Is more always better? Nope. EFI DSP² costs $850 for two custom made switchable tunes. How much are the brand X 10 switch jobs? How much is a TTS PL3? A new Edge w/ attitude? And with this software, you can reflash everything back to stock from the comfort of your home. No need to purchase and extra ECM like some of the "other" guys do. I think two tunes is just right. Having three or four custom tunes flashed into the memory of the PCM will cause lots of trouble. The procedure for the DSP² is perfect for the do it yourselfer. Adding more would make it too complicated for the average Joe. EFI could possibly enable, say, four switchable tunes for the guys selling PCM's w/ tunes in them to make it a better product for guys like Kennedy. But if they want that, they need to ask for it. As far as the average Joe doing that kind of flashing, I think a train wreck would soon follow.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I think that a third postion wouldn't be alot to ask for. I would like the idea of it for two good tunes and then a valet or stock position. I hate backing my trailer up and not being able to easilly bump it down to at least a stock level like I used to be able to with my Edge/Attitude setup. For now though I will live with it because the power is much smoother with the EFI tune that I am running.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Why bother , take the switch right out, all ya need is one.......:cool:

I can load a single tune into an ECM for ya.......since you are the no switcher kind of guy.........but then you would only have 1/2 the fun.

Roll into Kent today, I have a switch all made up and waiting.

T:) NY
I only use the switch when I want to annihilate people in stages. :D

I have my chores done and my Pom Pom's out,gonna go put on a fresh coat of wax and go look for someone with EFI so I can knock it down to the 120 HP setting and take care of bizness

·
Registered
6,210 Posts

I have my chores done and my Pom Pom's out,gonna go put on a fresh coat of wax and go look for someone with EFI so I can knock it down to the 120 HP setting and take care of bizness
If your in the Kent area, beware a certain red Crew Cab short bed running H2 wheels.

You'll need your big switch setting, and a bottle to get close to that thing. :D

He's got quite a bit more experience at the track than you and alot less weight. :eek:

Probably ought to just stick with waxing Princess today. ):h ):h

:D

·
Registered
7,187 Posts

Better leave it on Kill, you will need it for sure........might not even be enough........:cool:

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Off to a late start still Waxing

I already took Tony out once in the Rain in South Windsor! :D

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
I already took Tony out once in the Rain in South Windsor! :D
IIRC my tranny wasn't done and the only reason you even went by me is because at 90mph when I was still in front of you it limped in 5th gear........:rolleyes:

Any time you want another rematch you know where I am, I'll even spot Princess a full length.........:eek:

Just lemme know.......:cool:

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Remember it like you want but that was the first light and I was feathering the throttle for traction at near 90 MPH! Found the 4x4 switch at the next one,you remember :D

I'm sure we will cross paths again with your Paul Newman salad dressing! I'll be running the soup!

All in good fun :)

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I'm sure we will cross paths again with your Paul Newman salad dressing! I'll be running the soup!

Since EFI is from Australia how about, Jackaroo BBQ sauce? :D

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
EFI offers on the fly switching of up to two custom made tunes tailored to your vehicle, driving style, and needs. The brand X tuners offer up to 10 switchable tunes. Why don't EFI Live offer more tunes switchable on the fly?
I know Quad makes 10 tune boxes, but they are not on the fly switchable, are they? (I know mine isn't) As for the EFIlive, isn't it something like 10,000 tune :) (Even more if you want them, and have the time to do the programming!) switchable? (If you don't mind pulling to the side of the road, to switch from one tune to the other!)

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Remember it like you want but that was the first light and I was feathering the throttle for traction at near 90 MPH! Found the 4x4 switch at the next one,you remember :D

BlueOx03 has named it "KENT MOONSHINE"..........no salad here..........and bring the Soup hot.........cause the "MOONSHINE" will do a number on the SOUP.....:eek:

Run what ya Brung..........

1 - 20 of 56 Posts