Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done at Seattle International Raceway yesterday by Bill Fletcher..

in a Dodge.

I'd say the bar has been raised!

·
Registered
12,036 Posts

Almost time for a parachute.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Holy smokin, wonder how much HP he's layin [email protected]# I've ridden in a couple of 10 second cars and it's a nasty violent ride, let the games begin.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Very fast, ET is almost in the territory of the fastest available (on edit:stock) 1000cc sport bikes!Edited by: Ray403Dmax

·
Registered
262 Posts
What type of Dodge was it (2500/3500, single cab, quad cab, year, etc)? Just curious if you happen to have any more details...

·
Registered
49 Posts
single cab 2wd reg cab long bed, i think it has a 4 link and some big meats in the back.

·
Registered
49 Posts
here is the link off tdr, with pix

http://www.turbodieselregistry.com/forums/showthread.php?s=e3f53b1581978ad2cbd9d329d1d197eb&threadid=99927Edited by: gunracer1

·
Registered
687 Posts
One word.... TRAILER QUEEN

Take no offense, but its simply NOT a daily driver.

It looks light too.

I know pleanty of guys with 8-9 sec cars that will drive 50 miles to a track pop off a few high 8's low 9's and drive back home. Granted, they're cars, and probably 1000lbs lighter than this truck, but....

With a full tubbed truck tuned for racing, I see a lot lower ET's in the future for these unlimited trucks.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
That is very impressive for a diesel powered anything. However, I was disappointed to see the pics of them sitting on the trailer, not in front of the trailer. Thats where the real stuff is... daily drivers.. at least IMHO.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Definately fast for a diesel anything, I think this truck will be getting quicker, he shaved of almost 1/2 second since last week! Even if it were off the trailer and in street trim, he would still be quicker than most IMO.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Nice MPH he's definately making some power but it is a light truck with a 4 link and big slicks on the back, not exactly a daily driver. I guessing that truck weighs 5500# so it can run in the DHRA pro street class on diesel only with twins.

My race weight it 6500#, if the 1/10 for every 100# holds up I'd be running high 10's, low 11's and I can tow a tag along trailer or a gooseneck trailer to the event with 6 people in the cab.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
MileHighCTD said:
Definately fast for a diesel anything, I think this truck will be getting quicker, he shaved of almost 1/2 second since last week! Even if it were off the trailer and in street trim, he would still be quicker than most IMO.

His 60' is weak for that MPH. He should be able to get 10.1/10.2 with that power. Hella top end rush on that.

·
Registered
267 Posts
According to his slip when he went 10.92 last week he had a faster 60' than his 10.57, once he gets everything dialed in and to the ground I don't doubt he will be at bottom 10's. Still impressive in my book. Just because a top fueler isn't a daily driver doesn't mean it doesn't gain my respect. Fast is fast no matter what kind of wrapper it's in. Again just MO.

·
Registered
267 Posts
MileHighCTD, I agree. Fast is fast. The "yeah buts" don't change the number on the sheet. Tomac running 11s in a daily driver is equally impressive, but it shouldn't negate this guys feat. It would be cool if/when he gets in to the 9s...

·
Registered
267 Posts
I agree, even if Tomac wasn't daily driven I would still be impressed, 11's in anything is smokin. I am actually more impressed with Maddog's low 11 than the mid 10, 36" tires, lift and daily driven, nothing about that truck says speed. Talking about breaking the laws of physics! Sheesh!

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
I would rather have Tomac's truck than a 10 second trailer truck, but the technology is impressive to say the least.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
You gotta wonder what a Dmax equipped truck in similer trim could do? I think it would be a great project, A bit more extreme then what Bigley is doing. I am talking a purpose built race truck...

Hey Mike T, you wanna put some nuts and bolts in with me??

·
Registered
28 Posts
mtomac said:
Nice MPH he's definately making some power but it is a light truck with a 4 link and big slicks on the back, not exactly a daily driver. I guessing that truck weighs 5500# so it can run in the DHRA pro street class on diesel only with twins.

My race weight it 6500#, if the 1/10 for every 100# holds up I'd be running high 10's, low 11's and I can tow a tag along trailer or a gooseneck trailer to the event with 6 people in the cab.

???

OK, for those of you claiming "trailer queen" - GIVE US A BREAK!

(1) He's making the power on #2 alone. Mtomac is spraying the hell out of his motor to do his 11s - I'd argue that the Cummins motor is far more "streetable" in this case... how long can you keep spraying to make enough power to run 11's on the street? neither you or I know, really.

(2) Any car that you see running 8's and 9's "driving 50 miles to & from the track" is also going to have huge slicks (or DOTs) and either a four link, or seriously worked-over rear suspension... you have to get the power to the ground, and suddenly they're record-breaking performances are "nothing special" and really the trucks are trailer queens?

I think those guys need to be congratulated for their hard work and accomplishments. Certainly if it was a Duramax leading the charge, all you guys would be claiming "king of the world." For now you have to stick with "...yeah but can a dodge make 500HP for $336.09 WITHOUT removing a fuel filter?!?" or whatever this week's theme is...

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
dieselgeek said:
...OK, for those of you claiming "trailer queen" - GIVE US A BREAK!

Hey Slick. Trailer Queen means the car/truck is towed to the track to race. While that truck is certainly badass, it is still a trailer queen, and no amount ranting will change that.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.