Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my truck last year on Valentine's day, today it has 102,648 miles on it. Most of those miles are pulling a trailer that weighs 7000 lbs empty and usually will gross 20k or better on most runs. In this yr I have had 2 problems. The power steering pump needed to be replaced, there is now a TSB on that problem and the limited slip unit in the rear end didn't work and had to be replaced. Other than that it has just been a lot of driving and a lot of miles. Never have been left on the side of the road. My last Dodge went 416,000+ miles and never left me on the side of the road either. When it is time to get another one, guess what brand of truck I'll be looking at.

·
Registered
64 Posts
From the new kid on the block.

I finally read the user manual on my new toy. Took a while and I had to read a few paragraphs twice to try and make sure I was getting it right.

I had never drove a diesel before so I didn't know what to expect. The ride was very quiet and my daughter fell a sleep. The ride was nice. I had never experience going up a long steep hill without having the jerk of the downshift so the vehicle could keep the speed on cruise control. I had a headwind so I was ready to feel that tranny shift and nothing happened. Well 110 Km/h which is appx 70 mph for you fellows in the south. I couldn't believe it. Now that I have a few miles on it I have to find something heavy to pull around.

I am impressed. Nothing new to you all, owners for years, but a truly incredible experience for me. Just thought Id share it.Edited by: Canadian_Frank

·
Registered
57 Posts
EB,

I have been watching your progress on the other forums. Impressive! The rate I'm going it will take eight years to reach the 100k mark.

Only one problem so far in the almost one year of ownership. A small fuel leak developed between the lift pump and the filter housing. A damaged O-ring seal was the culprit. 5 minute R&R.

Canadian Frank,

Congrats on the new truck.

MikeyB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts