Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a graph of the best run from the Predator 120hp and Stealth 135hp. The Stealth is faster on just about every run I have made. That is from more the 25 runs each. The Predator won on maybe 3 or 4 runs. I have not had a single run over 14.997sec with the Stealth, and I've had 7 over 15 with the Predator, with 15.322sec @ 88.02 mph being the slowest. They both run very good. But if you look at the notes, you will see the Stealth runs about 250-300* cooler then does the Predator.

Edited by: hdmax

·
Registered
344 Posts
Mike,

Love all the posted data! Helps a great deal. What do you think about the Bully Dog power pup compared to the stealth? Have you run the 1/4 in only the 110 hp setting? Love to know how much time it shaves???

Thanks again,

Mike

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 135hp Stealth. It does not have the 110hp option. I did however run the Stealth in the 70hp setting and it run a 16.151sec @ 86.21mph. I didn't stomp it down as hard as I normaly do, so I think it would have broke in to the high 15`s @ maybe 87mph. From what I have read, the Stealth and Pup is the same box with a different wrap.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
awesome graphics and post gonna have to get oneEdited by: sdaver

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave you take care of my transmission, and I pony up for the power boxes
If you get the G-Tech, I hope you are getting the Pro Comp. It is just a toy, but boy is it fun!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are other companies that make toys that do the same things as the G-Tech, but I do not know anything about them. G-Tech makes 2 models the G-TECH/Pro Competition Meter (which is the one I have. And the G-TECH/Pro. The Competition has more features and is much more accurate, has a larger screen. (but the color and brightness could use some more R&R) here is a list of what it can read "

Reaction-Time
0-60ft time
0-330ft time
0-60mph time
1/8mile E.T and speed
1000ft time
1/4 mile E.T. and speed
Horsepower
Torque
RPMs
Braking distance
Handling G's
Accelerating and Braking Gs
RPM vs Time Graph
HP & Torque vs RPM Graph
Speed vs Time Graph
Speed vs Distance
Gs vs Time Graph

The regular pro is about half the price as the Comp.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have never run stock numbers, Once you have power it is too hard to run stock.

·
Registered
704 Posts
What is your launch technique? For the 1/4 mile time you are running, the 0-60 time seems slow. Any wheel spin on the launch? How much boost are you launching under?

On a side not, I have the Stealth 110hp, and I am hitting the same EGT before even breaking 75mph. Looks like I will need an Exhaust and Intake.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Edited by: sdaver

·
Banned
328 Posts
It looks like I need to hire a couple of you guess as test pilots!

I think that hdmax has probably some of the best written comparisons I have seen.

On your 1/4 mile runs you must be either in 2wd or not launching very hard. We have taken several truck to the track and with the 135hp program they typically run between 8.9-9.1 @ 75-77mph. This is in 4x4 so that may be where the differences are. If you are running in 2wd then the fact that the mph is similar would attest to similar type hp.

Keep up the good work and if I can help in any way please let me know.

Quad

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Amric said:
What is your launch technique? For the 1/4 mile time you are running, the 0-60 time seems slow. Any wheel spin on the launch? How much boost are you launching under?

On a side not, I have the Stealth 110hp, and I am hitting the same EGT before even breaking 75mph. Looks like I will need an Exhaust and Intake.

2 wheel drive an I just hit it hard, once in a while I'll get wheel spin, but not more then 15 feet or so.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quadzilla said:
It looks like I need to hire a couple of you guess as test pilots!

I think that hdmax has probably some of the best written comparisons I have seen.

On your 1/4 mile runs you must be either in 2wd or not launching very hard. We have taken several truck to the track and with the 135hp program they typically run between 8.9-9.1 @ 75-77mph. This is in 4x4 so that may be where the differences are. If you are running in 2wd then the fact that the mph is similar would attest to similar type hp.

Keep up the good work and if I can help in any way please let me know.

Quad

I want the 150+ hp setting. I called and talked with one of you at Quadzilla on Monday. And you gave me bad news, Said that I could not get anything over the 135 on my programmer. I am your test pilot so let me have a little more power.

And thanks for your approval on my review. I was as accurate as possible. Yes I do launch in 2 wheel drive, and without boost, just hit it and hang on!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts