Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago I have had a few problems with po966 leading to me replacing B solenoid. Long story short one day I drove through some water about a foot deep after a big rain and went to eat lunch. Got in after lunch and while mildly accelerating I had a big clunk and it threw a po966 which shortly after I pulled into a gas station. Went into shift inhibited mode. I cleared codes nothing changed. I went out and looked at tcm and it wasn’t wet I managed to limp over to a trans shop after I reolugged tcm and cleared codes. Went to pick it up after about 5 days and it drove fine with no codes.

the shop came back with different codes but still said likely circ B. I changed it and put in new fluid. Then about 2 mo ago I discovered dans diesel and bought a tcm from them thinking it was a tcm issue after taking to them about how stock units are prone to that because the unit heats up and melts the solder. Drove about 100 milesSince then. This am I drove a few miles and the lower driver side intercooler line popped off and it threw the code again. I reconnected the hose abs cleared codes. All the exact same codes po966 (pressure Ctrl sol B ctrl circ low) and po964 (Pressure ctrl solenoid B ctrl circ/open). After clearing a few times to get a mile back it’s throwing 966 constantly after I clear and start. The 964 only happened once.
I’m at a loss here. Can’t see any bare wires even though the loom is gone in several places.
HELP please!

·
Administrator
16,990 Posts
Did the shop install new filters with the new fluid? If not, you may have a plugged filter
Could be material/debris clogging the valve body
internal wire harness issue, etc..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced it and I didn’t replace filter. Are you talking the spin on or an internal filter?

·
Administrator
16,990 Posts
I replaced it and I didn’t replace filter. Are you talking the spin on or an internal filter?
I would go ahead and do both filters.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced the internal filter and fluid when I did the solenoid. Didn’t do the spin on though. Searching for options

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another interesting thing to note, I pulled plug apart to check pins etc and there was just a smidge and I mean just hardly any greasy looking bit on the face of the plug, the flat part that would be the bottom when plugged in to tcm. I pulled it off fan housing some time back and have it between battery and fuse box. Anyway I let it sit in the sun for a few hours then came plugged it back together and cel was on but programmer said no codes. I went ahead and hit clear twice. It still never registered a code then cel went off. I drove it around parking lot without issue for a half mile, I stopped got out grabbed a water bottle got back in truck then after it shifted to second it let go again and cel came on and like normal it was in 3rd and that’s all I have.

·
Administrator
16,990 Posts
Another interesting thing to note, I pulled plug apart to check pins etc and there was just a smidge and I mean just hardly any greasy looking bit on the face of the plug, the flat part that would be the bottom when plugged in to tcm. I pulled it off fan housing some time back and have it between battery and fuse box. Anyway I let it sit in the sun for a few hours then came plugged it back together and cel was on but programmer said no codes. I went ahead and hit clear twice. It still never registered a code then cel went off. I drove it around parking lot without issue for a half mile, I stopped got out grabbed a water bottle got back in truck then after it shifted to second it let go again and cel came on and like normal it was in 3rd and that’s all I have.
I would get in touch with Mike L from Inglewood Transmission out in Fullerton, Ca.. He posts in here from time to time and can offer you up some advice.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
You have a short somewhere between the TCM and the trans. See attached.

Attachments

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that! Would you go ahead and replace the entire valve body since it isn’t much more online? That way I get all new solenoids even though I’ve not had a problem with any others than B, but then I get the internal harness to boot!

Anyone know how to get ahold of the entire wiring harness from tcm to tranny?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts