Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 3500 HD 4x4, ext cab- cab and chassis dually it has 20000 miles on it or 32000 KM's right now, with the smaller tank 4 gallons smaller than a regular pick up or 20 liters smaller, my truck gets horrible mileage 8.5 MPG it burns 27.6L/100 km, I'm in Toronto,Canada, we also have an 07.5 crew cab short box in the company that gets bad mileage as well the other one is at 9- 9.3 MPG, I know a bunch of guys with these 08's and theirs is just as bad too, does anyone know anything about why these trucks are so bad? The dealer"S" that I have dealt with so far have been of no help so far, one even out right told me "that's just how they are buddy", I had an 05 ext cab 4x4 P/U before this that was truly amazing when it came to mileage it was at 16L/100 km's if I remember correctly it was roughly 15-17 MPG or so, in this 08 on a full tank which is 100 liters as opposed to the 120 in the reg pick ups I'm consider myself extremely lucky if I get 400 KM's to a full tank, which is 248 miles to a FULL tank, does this sound right to anyone?.....I didn't think so. I could have bought a 6L and still got 350+ miles to a tank.

I'm at the end of my sanity chain, someone with some info please help.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
The best way to increase the mileage is get rid of the DPF, and Cat. BUt that does mean that you will have to worry if they will honor your warranty on the truck, if any problems ever occur.

·
Registered
100 Posts
do a search. look up DPF or DPF delete or even search for mileage. lots of info here, you just have to search.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Putting a good tow/econ tune on the truck and ditching the DPF will yield a great improvement.

I can get 14.5-15.5 around town and 21 plus on the highway with the Kennedy Diesel tune. Best investment I have made for the LMM.

·
Registered
613 Posts
:rant: Search then rant! There are tons of threads already.
On top of that you provide no useful info as to the style of driving the truck is submitted which could explain why the # would be that low. ie only tow 15k trailer, idle 20 min on start, idle thoughout the day.

I see 5 posts so we can assume nubie mistake...:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.