Diesel Place banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if i can replace the woodgrain dash on my LTZ with chrome or carbon fiber. Not a big fan of the wood.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I just saw some nice kits on Ebay. Type "silverado dash kit" in the search box.

·
Registered
51 Posts
yes you can i did mine about a week after i got it didnt care much for the wood grain that comes on the LTZ's. replaced it with the factory silver or brushed allum what ever you want to call it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
07WhiteLMM,

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it run you to replace it? I want to take it out of the new 08 SLT I just ordered, but don't want to put some applique crap on there. I'd like to change it out to the brushed, but wanted it to be a factory item. What parts did you order? Was it off the All Terrain package?

To the others who were looking to swap out to the brushed trim from the wood, another thing I think I've figured out. There might be a way to get rid of the open bin in the center console of the SLT's. When I was looking at the "All Terrain" package, I noticed that they have a box with the two lids over the storage and the cupholder spot similar to the Denali's, only it's the brushed metal like the flanking of the radio cluster. I was going to pop out the black plastic insert and order the nice one from the All Terrain package and put it in to clean up the inside of the truck a little bit. Just an FYI, I'm trying to get confirmation to make sure that the brushed finish on the lid's of the box is the same brushed finish as the flanks of the radio and the dash inserts to make sure it all looks good together.

·
Registered
51 Posts
if i remember right it was about $400 for all of the factory stuff ill look at the boxes and get all the part numbers if you want me to

·
Registered
468 Posts
ONly if you have the time. I would much appreciate it. Is it an insert that just pops into the hole? Pretty easy to swap out? I don't understand why they put wood across the entire dash, and then brushed aluminum next to the radio, choose one or the other. The stuff should match! Thanks so much for the help

·
Registered
51 Posts
here r the part numbers that i used. yea they just pop out the hardest one is the one around the radio.

you even have to switch the heater vents cause there hooked together the wood and brushed let me know if you need anything else i will put some pics up later today all so

·
Registered
51 Posts
ill have to look at the boxes to find out wich one is for the radio cause on the chevys the radio is wood but i c on the gmc it isnt

·
Registered
468 Posts
Thanks White! You're the man. Glad I saw your second post, I was beginning to question myself. I can look it up, no worries. Thanks for the help. I'll post pics once I get it done.

Got any before and after pics of yours that you can share with the class?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I too, gumble daily at the cheap fake wood trim. I would love to see the pics.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I was in my local stealership today asking about this upgrade and they guy said he's put it together for about 3-4 guys so far. He was really helpful and said he was even thinking about putting the kits together and putting them on ebay! I told him I thought it would be a great idea! I asked him why the factory makes bonehead decisions like doing half the dash in brushed stainless, and the other half in wood. At least the Chevy guys get all the same, incld the radio "bezel" He told me one of the performance shops across the street had one of the trucks that had been done, went over and checked it out, MUCH BETTER!!! Post up some pics WhiteLMM, let's see it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Looks killer White! Thanks for the pics and the Part numbers. I'm going to order mine here shortly! Great job

1 - 14 of 14 Posts