Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new CAT fuel filter and adapter about two months ago. It has given me nothing but problems, losing prime at least 50 times.

I don't know if there is a flaw in the filter or adapter. Has anyone else had a similar issue with this setup? Getting tired of priming this thing. I have checked everything obvious like bleeder screw, o-rings, etc and don't see anything suspicious. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
17,862 Posts
Remove the assembly from the truck (2 hoses and two bolts).
After emptying it, block the inlet (finger, rubber plug, etc..). Operate the primer and verify that it holds suction.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I will try that. If it does not hold suction, does the filter head need to be rebuilt?

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
It mean you have air getting in somewhere likely the filter head. You might need a new one over a rebuild. I rebuilt my filter head twice after I continue to lose Prime after the first rebuild. The second time I bought a higher-quality kit thinking that was the problem. It still leaked, so I hot a new one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. It has been losing prime probably every 20 times it is started. Stalls immediately. Then I pump up the primer and fire it up. Never had problems like this before with this truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts