Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a google but didn't find much info. Its my understanding that the 07 GM pickups are going to get a "Refresh" on the exterior and interior. Anyone have any info on this?

I'm about ready to order my 06, and really can't wait for the 07 anyway, as we need our truck to pull our 5er that 's on order and will be here in about 10 weeks or so.

Heck I was just thinking if the change was as big as it was when Dodge did their change a few years back, it might give me more leverage on the price of the 06.:D

But I doubt that the change will be all that radical. Any thoughts?:)

·
Registered
263 Posts
The final order cutoff for GM is approaching fast, so order your 2006 soon, if you want that. I wouldn't expect any fast deals on GM trucks until later in the year when the dealers need to clear units on the ground. I've heard some Dodge dealers are giving over $10K off MSRP, but I personally wouldn't want one. Do your research, decide what is best for you, and then buy it. With 2007's there will be a bit of new emissions equip that is supposed to raise the prices. Also, rumor I heard is that the GM 3/4 ton trucks will get a reface on the front end similar to the 2007 Tahoe....plastic. Yuck, in my book. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
892 Posts
The new MY07 GM pick-ups based on the GMT900 platform will be out late this year for the light-duties and early next year for the heavies.

·
Banned
720 Posts
the hd gm900 platforn will not be in production until late feb 07 is what i have heard .the first 07's will be like the 06's not any change

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
From what I hear the Chevy will be a totally different from the GMC unlike previous yrs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am also lookig to buy a new truck. I have 3 dealers that say they will sell me a truck at cost or below cost, but I have to order it. 4-6 weeks build time.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
This topic has been beat to death, try the search tool. You could gotten your answer 100 times over. You can even find spy pictures of the 07's.

Unless you are trying to get your post count up high enough to sale something.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am also lookig to buy a new truck. I have 3 dealers that say they will sell me a truck at cost or below cost, but I have to order it. 4-6 weeks build time.
At cost or below? How are they making money to keep the doors open. GM may give them some kickbacks but....

Please elaborate..

·
Registered
1,495 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where does this info come from?

the hd gm900 platforn will not be in production until late feb 07 is what i have heard .the first 07's will be like the 06's not any change
What is the source for the information that says the first '07s (2500 CC D/A) will not have any changes? I am not ready to act in time to get an order in for an '06 before cutoff date, but the sound of an '07 identical to the '06, except for the title, is appealing. Is it realistic to expect the first half of '07 production will use current platform and have a model change midyear? Inquiring minds want to know. The dealer says Buy Now....... but I won't be ready till this summer at the earliest.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
The GMT900 LD pickups will start production this fall as 2007MY.

The GMT800 HD pickups will end 2006MY production earlier than normal this year, and then carry-over through approximately the end of 2006 with minimal changes as 2007MY, until GMT900 HD pickup production starts in early 2007 as 2008MY.

·
Banned
720 Posts
it has been told that the first 07 900 platform will be in the 1/2 ton body style and the hd will come latter the 1/2 ton production was moved up is what i heard my info my granddad is a gm retiree info is from the gm plant

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
IMHO if GM keeps on the same path they've been on these will be fugglier than sh!t.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts