Diesel Place banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 07 cclb on a lemon law trade in. The 04 was the same truck but with a 6.0 L gasser. I don't miss the old truck one bit. :eek: I put on the Flo Pro turbo back exhaust with a straight through muff. I love to hear the whistle. It goes in on the 29th for the trucks first Christmas present, a 4" tuff country lift so I can bolt on my 33's that I saved off of the other truck.:cool: I use this truck to tow a 26 ft toy hauler, scrap cars on a 16 foot car trailer, and of course, use it to haul firewood. I have no complaints. I want to do the intake mod and a mild programmer. Thanks for listening. I will update the avatar after it's transformation.:D

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Do you know what it was lemon lawed for?? Anyways, welcome - glad to have you here!! Sounds like you've got a good plan for a lift, tires, etc...let the tuning begin! Be careful how much you read here, it will empty out your pocketbook!! :D Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If you get me a VIN number, I can or others can run it through GM's site and find a little more info, about the service history of your new truck. Oh Yeah Welcome to the DP;)

Riley

·
Registered
538 Posts
i love my 07 classic...the last of the LBZ's and a diesel motor w/ no DPF!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went lemon law cause the truck continuously leaked rain water into the cab of the truck. It went in 7 times in a 2 year period. On the seventh time they called in a contractor who found that the sealant on the pinch weld of the cowl wasn't done right. They wouldn't replace the carpet and there water evidence in the fuse panel and tons of surface rust throughout the dash. That is when I filed. After the hassle of paperwork and a few phone calls from the manufacturer, GM finally made it right. I wouldn't want to go through that again. I have always been a Chevy fan and they are reassured that I will remain so.

My new truck had 5 miles on it, so I doubt that there is any service records on it. Thanks anyways. I do all of my own maintence.;)

·
Registered
11,464 Posts
Welcome...

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Sorry I misunderstood your first post. I thought your new truck was one that was traded in as a lemon. My mistake. Welcome the diesel world.

Riley

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys:rocking::rocking:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Congrats on the new rig! I will always love the look of the GMT-800's. Just has that all american look. Heres to many great years with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I got my lift. Ordered the programmer from GMS. Plugged it in and got smoke from it. Apparently the seals were bad.:rolleyes: I will return it to Summit. I also got my K&N intake. I was wondering why I don't need one fourmocajun? I guess you click on the picture to make it bigger.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
What kind of programmer did you get from GMS that was smoking. Welcome looks like your on track with the truck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was the Big G Flash programmer. I plugged it in and instantly smelled burnt electrical. I quickly unplugged it. I plugged it in again and nothing. A pin must have been wired wrong. I used the same brand programmer on my 04 gasser with great results. I sent it back to Summit today for a replacement. Besides the speedo being off, I don't know if I really need the programmer though. The truck is still loose in the back.:):cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts