Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how is the towing with an 07 classic LBZ?

considering purchasing one but would like to get some feedback.

by the way, the truck is completely stock.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Awesome! Simply Awesome!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Plus, the Classic burns either diesel available, LSD or ULSD.
Kind of a moo point - you know, a cow's opinion :p: since federal law requires ULSD for highway use, aka all gas stations have to sell ULSD.

I'm not disagreeing with you - I love the fact that I can run #2, K-1, JP8, and fuel oil in my classic :D.

·
Professional Lurker
299 Posts
I never realized how well mine tows until my first trip up the 5 from SoCal to NorCal, and up the 15 from SoCal to Yellowstone in Wyoming. The truck was awesome up and down hills, and flat ground it just cruises. If you go into Mexico you can buy regular good old diesel.

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
Both of my trucks tow like a dream - both pull a trailer about 40% of the time. My DRW is a lot more comfortable. Which type of truck are you looking at buying?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Tow my 7K trailer over the Rockies and it's a dream with that auto engine braking down hill in Tow Haul & Cruise. Lots of power to pull through the passes.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Blissful

Towing with the Allison in the mountains (&hills) is true bliss; I anticipate ahead as much as possible and the transmission works to keep whatever speed I set on the cruise in tow/haul. I rarely use the brakes (think of the savings on trailer shoes and truck brake pads) and when the hills get serious going down I can use the tap shifter to keep my speed reasonable.

Uphill I am often passing with ease some surprised sedans and most gasser trucks towing loads. I am impressed! Not going back to gas.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Both of my trucks tow like a dream - both pull a trailer about 40% of the time. My DRW is a lot more comfortable. Which type of truck are you looking at buying?
Your DRW is more comfortable in general or when towing?

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
Your DRW is more comfortable in general or when towing?
Both. When we drive long distances, my wife prefers taking the dually since it is not as jarring a ride as her 2500 short bed.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
my classic gets better fuel economy then the lmm towing.. way better.. like 2 to 3 mpg's..

·
Registered
390 Posts
An outstanding choice for pulling. This thing is an animal, feels like it will pull anything. I pull a 33' sierra toy hauler fully loaded about 11-12k, this truck will pull up almost any hill above 70mph, and gets about 9mpg towing my large 5er.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, it sounds as if everybody is having great experiences with their LBZ's. hopefully i get to find out as well this weekend, if i purchase this truck

·
Registered
751 Posts
You won't regret it. Far better than gas, what load?

·
Registered
692 Posts

She loves it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts